News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is your definition of a "survivor"?

Started by Drache, October 03, 2011, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on October 04, 2011, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 04, 2011, 12:20:43 AM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on October 03, 2011, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 03, 2011, 01:34:03 PM
Quote from: Drache on October 03, 2011, 09:16:55 AM
Does the car have to be 100% original or can you rebuild/replace some things?

Mainly things like a front end, brakes, exhaust, etc.

If it was under the big red and white tent at carlisle, it was a Survivor :Twocents:

:lol: :lol: :slap:  We agree to disagree, I no issues with my B5 RT 4spd w/ original paint & non-number motor.... anywhere in my head, go find any motor option 69 in any color presentable these days.    I am confused, so now we are the vette set too, please no.  

F3 I am with you bud.  :2thumbs:

Are you suggesting that a car - any car, with a unoriginal motor is a "survivor"?

If so, what has it survived?  :popcrn:

I would rather have a great old body w/ original paint, that has survived all these years, just me.  I guess I have pigeon holed myself into colors, options and nice bodies rather then numbers matching ugly color rusty cars, never had cared that much about that number part.  I drive and beat on mine at times.  So what if I found a factory replacement block and put it in there, some say that is as good as #'s (almost).  75% original paint, that is fairly modified also isn't it?  What about the color that have survived, mostly seems to be the less "desirable" colors?  We are still talking about 40 + year old cars not on every block anymore.  :Twocents:

The fact that it's still here and hasn't gone to the crusher makes it a survivor doesn't it?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

XS29LA47V21

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270823778536&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123
ebay 270823778536

Regardless if a car like this is No. matching or not and indeed is original paint, (not really RR guy), this look outstanding to me.  :Twocents:

RallyeMike

QuoteThe fact that it's still here and hasn't gone to the crusher makes it a survivor doesn't it?

Beat ya too it. Na-na  :nana:

QuoteOf course, any old car that has not met its fate at the crusher is a survivor.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on October 06, 2011, 08:59:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270823778536&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123
ebay 270823778536

Regardless if a car like this is No. matching or not and indeed is original paint, (not really RR guy), this look outstanding to me.  :Twocents:

Nice car - lots of comments on "Survivor" terminology in the Q&A at the bottom - most are guesses, at best... I think the Corvette guys have it right though  :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 06, 2011, 09:48:32 AM
QuoteThe fact that it's still here and hasn't gone to the crusher makes it a survivor doesn't it?

Beat ya too it. Na-na  :nana:

QuoteOf course, any old car that has not met its fate at the crusher is a survivor.

Oh I missed that but it just goes to show that great minds think alike!  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.