News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Important info regarding Specialty Wheel group buy - UPDATE

Started by bull, October 09, 2011, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm just going to post one time in this thread because I'm not at liberty to give details about what I know. Let me just say that if you have any plans to utilize the Specialty Wheel group buy/vendor pricing you'd better do it soon, like within the next month or two (the sooner the better), because from what I understand there are some changes coming. It has nothing to do with this site or our relationship with Specialty but with Specialty itself. That said I'm not sure if our relationship with them will change at all but I'm not too optimistic. Time will tell.

bull

I got some of the story from Kelly today and he assured me that our relationship with Specialty would continue as it has since it began in '09. Specialty is moving its operation to southern California but Kelly will stay in Oregon and continue taking and processing orders. Eventually the contact phone numbers will change but Kelly said his email address will probably stay the same. I will update that information as soon as I get it from Kelly.

He also told me that some of the services will be temporarily affected until the move is complete and, as I said above, the sooner you order the things you need the better. For example, I asked him about a set of powder coated steelies and he said at the moment I can only get them in bare steel because they have ended their relationship with the local powder coating business due to the move. Basically he says they have outgrown their current facility and although he didn't tell me this I believe there is a buyout or merger involved. He added that they will most likely be out of Oregon by the end of the month.

Here is part of his email reply to me: "We will be able to offer all of the things we have had in the past and many more things once we are settled into the new place. I do appreciate all of the Charger.com guys and hope to even better serve you in the future!!"

Long story short, everything should stay the same with the exception of some sporadic distruptions due to the move.

Rolling_Thunder

thanks for the update...    do you now where in SoCal they are going?  I know a lot of wheel makers are over in Huntington Beach (about 10 mins from me)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

Fresno will be their new home. Coker, which already has a facility down there, bought Specialty three years ago from the original owner's wife after he died and the move is a business decision to save on shipping and manufacturing costs. Also, Specialty has outgrown its current building so they need a new place anyway.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on October 18, 2011, 02:38:42 PM
damnit...   Fresno?      lol 

Well, you'll be 500 miles closer to them than I will after they move. It was kind of nice having one place within driving distance to get new parts.