News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I started the microwave on fire at work today

Started by PocketThunder, January 18, 2006, 01:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

So i worked late last night and left a half eaten Arbys Beef-n-Cheddar in the fridge.  This morning i'm starving at 10:00am so i grab the Beef-n-Cheddar and head down to the lunch room to heat it up in the mic..  It was still wrapped in the foil inside the paper bag.   Not thinking about the foil i tossed it in and when i hit start the foil sparked and started the paper bag on fire.  I quick pulled out the flaming bag and stomped it out on the floor, being careful to stomp around the half eaten beef-n-cheddar.. 

I spent 10 minutes cleaning up the burnt paper bag that had broken into little pieces and floated around the room...  then some dude walked in, and saw the whole thing.  When i threw the salvaged beef-n-cheddar back in the micro on a paper towel this time he exclaimed "your not gonna eat that are you?"  i said, hell ya, its two hours till lunch time and i'm not gonna make it!

Then i head back upstairs and tell the guys in my dept.  They said that some lady started the garbage can on fire once doing the same thing.  So i run back down there to make sure the paper bag isn't smoldering.  I get down there and douse it with water to make sure.  Just then the building Super smelled the smoke that had traveled thru the duct work into the boiler room and thought the lunch room was on fire.  He blasted in the door like Kramer and there i am standing with a burnt paper bag next to the microwave.  I quickly calmed him down and brought him up to speed on the situation.  He wasnt surprised that it was me.**

So now i cant get the burnt paper smell out of my shirt... I dont want to take it off for the afternoon though.  Its probably not appropriate to break out the gun show at work.. :icon_smile_big:

Anyways, thats it.. 

Paul,
in St. Paul

**Our builder Super does not have a sense of humor so i thought i'd try and get a rise out of him by bringing in my Christmas Tree on the stand and putting it out in front of the building next to some other pine trees just to see if he would notice when he goes by with the snowblower.  Well the wind kept blowing the tree over so i took some 69 Charger Door hinges that i had in my truck and threw them on the base to hold it down.  It worked and he didnt see it for two days.  Then Blabber mouth Bob saw it and told the Super.  The Super then took it and cut it up and threw it in the dumpster. 

I then came clean and asked him if he got a laugh out of it at all and he didnt even break face at all and just walked away...  Oh well.  this place is full of Zombies...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MyMopar

Long time ago I set the toaster oven at work on fire, and I mean fire.  I was heating a bagel w/butter on it under the broiler and it had A LOT of butter.  The damn bottom of the toaster oven caught on fire and when I came back to check on it, flames were shooting out the front of the toaster and rolling back into teh wall near all the "employee protection" posters.  I grabbed the whole damn thing and threw it out the front door of the office.
I wonder if that was why the office moved out of that building, nah.  Funny how stuff like this never happens at home or in the garage. :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

You've gotta have some good "stupid things I did while driving" stories.  :lol:  That was funny, & I know what you mean about no sense of humor.  ::)

I was working with this guy at my last job like your building super, he never laughed at much. So.......we tried to make the best of it at his expense. He had his desk positioned so his back was to his drafting table while sitting at it. Every morning the office manager, a friend of mine since 8th grade, & myself, would move his desk backwards about 2 inches. After a week or so of doing this, our happy coworker would be running out of room & bump into his drafting stool when he rolled his chair backwards to get up. He didn't quite notice until it was moved almost 2 feet & blew a head gasket & threw a tantrum. He was yelling about the maintenance crew moving furniture & we did all we could not to laugh. :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

a couple of years ago, the building I work at officially outlawed the act of microwaving popcorn in the premises because of a couple of fire incidents (dont ask me how they happened) and because the smell of pop corn traveled through the entire building.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

I did the exact same thing at home as you did Paul about 10 years ago. I was still married, and I had stopped at a Arbys on the way home. When we got home, the food was a little cold, so I naturally just put 2 sandwiches in the microwave not thinking of the foil. It took about 2 seconds to start burning too. It was a good thing I was still standing there :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SirNik73

I'm in the middle of a funny office story as we speak. My office shares a common bathroom with other offices on our floor. there is a guy in one of the other offices who always is pissing on the seat of the toilet. this happens on a daily basis. my boss has been looking for the guy who is doing it. and he thinks he has found him. so i took a picture of the piss all over the seat and we are going to post it on the mirror with a not saying "we know who you are"
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Charger Aficionado

We're changing your name to:  "Microwave Thunder"... 

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

You can handle a torch without burning everything, but a microwave is just too much, eh? :ahum:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed