News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiw.... 69 Charger complete grille assembly

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, October 02, 2011, 10:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sorry, I looked around and couldn't find a WIW forum... normally don't have the opportunity to actually buy stuff.  What do you guys think an entire 69 Charger Grille assembly is worth?

Ryan

69charger440

Any cracks? All the trim free of dings and dents? If it was I would say $700-$1000!!  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

TheAutoArchaeologist

It is cherry, even the grille chrome trim center I piece is NOT dented up. 

69charger440

TheAutoArchaeologist

Maybe, I don't often come across entire assemblies like this.  I could always use a spare for my 69.

bull

What it's worth is a lot. If it's cherry as you say it would easily go for more than $1G on Ebay, however, if you find the right seller... :shruggy: My best buy was a complete '68 grill, fender and two front valances for $375. :icon_smile_big: Actually, the AAR-T/A radiator I got for $100 was a good deal too because I sold it on Ebay for $475. But those deals don't happen often. At least not to me.

69charger440

If its cherry, I would offer him $700 and see if he bits! Then move up from there, if its too much you can always say you tried. But I would give the guy 1K.  :D

bill440rt

Quote from: 69charger440 on October 02, 2011, 10:39:05 PM
Any cracks? All the trim free of dings and dents? If it was I would say $700-$1000!!  :2thumbs:

Ding ding ding!!  :yesnod:

Looks like the top pan has been cut or is missing on the header/grille mount panel?  :scope:

I have a sale pending on one, similar in condition to yours except the center "I" trim has a dent in it on mine. Complete, no cracks, no broken fins. Top of the header is cut off. Priced at $850.

Turns out the guy who is buying it restores & re-sells, so he'll probably ask $2000+ when he's done with it & goes to flip it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TheAutoArchaeologist

Alrighty, so that gives me a good idea of where to go.  Thanks, perhaps next week I will have some new wall art.

skip68

$1200-$1500 is my guess.   :cheers: 
Looks like a nice piece to have. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

F8-4life

I bought two complete '69 grills in similer shape $525 this summer. Everyone wants $$$ but not everyone wants a 1969 Charger grill. Use that leverage in the negotiations.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: F8-4life on October 03, 2011, 12:52:12 PM
I bought two complete '69 grills in similer shape $525 this summer. Everyone wants $$$ but not everyone wants a 1969 Charger grill. Use that leverage in the negotiations.

Did you get just the grille, or the whole assembly, headlight actuators and such?  Cause even for me, $525 seems cheap!  Was that each or both?

Troy

It's definitely missing parts of the frame and I can't tell if the tabs are broken on the headlight doors or if there are cracks on the ends. No matter, if it were my grill and someone offered me $525 I'd still own it. I purchased one locally a few months ago with a nice frame and perfect corners but a busted center section for $500. I thought it was a decent deal. The center can be difficult to find since most are smashed. Same for original trim.

I sold a nice condition, complete 69 grill for about $1,700 (when the prices were at their peak) - which was approximately half of the prices we were seeing on eBay at the time. The economy is a lot worse now but, remember, most of those parts still aren't being reproduced (and the ones that are made aren't cheap).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

gtx6970

I've seen several restored grille assys over the past 12-18 months DONE - anywhere and priced from $1500 to $2000 and NONE have moved afaik

my  :Twocents: it would be in the $750 range if no issues mentioned above

TheAutoArchaeologist

Well scratch that.  An "undocumented" individual decided to sideswipe my car.  And with the way my insurance is right now, I will most likely be paying out of pocket.  So no more grille for me.

Ryan

bull

bill440rt

Ugghhh.....   :brickwall: :brickwall:

That's gonna be an expensive number right there. There's at least a few grand in damages right there.  :rotz:
Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69charger2002

how many times can that poor car get hit?? you have to have the record for fender benders in a new challenger! on a side note i'd love to have that grill as wall art, i don't even have a spare anymore.. i let a buddy have my last one cheap for a 69 he was restoring..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

UH60L

Quote from: Devil on October 03, 2011, 08:58:46 PM
Well scratch that.  An "undocumented" individual decided to sideswipe my car.  And with the way my insurance is right now, I will most likely be paying out of pocket.  So no more grille for me.

Ryan

OUCH!!!  Man that's just not right. 

Excellent choice of color and model combination on your new challenger.  It's a real shame some idiot did that to it.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Thanks guys.  I'll talk to the guy this weekend.  Let him know what is going on.  I will be back out there in April, I should have the cash then.

Estimates are saying 4-5k for the damage, if there isn't anything wrong with the front end.