News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Ski Rack question??

Started by northeastsurfing, October 01, 2011, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71charger

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on October 01, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
I don't know about the ski rack, but at least you bought an American car instead of some foreign POS.  As for the rest of you guys...give him a break, huh? He is only 3 posts old!

American car? Dodge has Mexico making the engine blocks and the rest is ALL assembled in Canada. There isn't many American cars made in America anymore..... sad....
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Hudson Hornet !

Look, pal, At least it's better than something coming from a company that 60 years ago wanted us all dead.........

At least the profits from that Canadian made charger come back to the U.S.  Try doing that with your Indiana built camry.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Tilar

Quote from: Chargen69 on October 01, 2011, 11:03:35 PM
Quote from: daveco on October 01, 2011, 02:58:50 PM
You'll probably get more information here:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/index.php

I think it sucks that people get the "you aint work a $hit attitude because they think they can get help here.

If you meant "you ain't worth a $shit", You got it all wrong.... it's not the people making the post that everyone is talking about.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on October 02, 2011, 06:00:28 PM
At least the profits from that Canadian made charger come back to the U.S.  Try doing that with your Indiana built camry.

Profits go to investors all over the globe; wages go to people who spend money in the United States.

Hudson Hornet !

That may be true, but the company keeps a little as well you know.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Chargen69

Quote from: Tilar on October 02, 2011, 06:14:50 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on October 01, 2011, 11:03:35 PM
Quote from: daveco on October 01, 2011, 02:58:50 PM
You'll probably get more information here:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/index.php

I think it sucks that people get the "you aint work a $hit attitude because they think they can get help here.

If you meant "you ain't worth a $shit", You got it all wrong.... it's not the people making the post that everyone is talking about.

No man, I aint talking about that response, all the other non needed down right mean responses is what i was talking about

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

bull

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on October 02, 2011, 07:13:44 PM
That may be true, but the company keeps a little as well you know.

I wonder how much of the Chrysler profits really stay in the US compared to the wages of US Toyota workers? It would be interesting to know for sure. It would certainly be sad to learn that Toyota actually put more dollars into the US economy than Chrysler.

At any rate, I'm sure both of us would be much happier if "American" cars were actually built in the US.

Troy

I'd be willing to bet that Toyota puts more money into the US economy than Chrysler.

Chrysler is owned by Fiat now right? None of their "profits" stay in the US - although, as far as I know, they aren't making a profit so how does that change things? The wages and money paid to suppliers still stays locally even if the company is bleeding money (unless they don't pay their suppliers and go bankrupt).

No matter, way to make the new guy feel welcome! I've made my feelings clear on this in the past so I guess I'm going to have to start giving "time outs" for rude behavior.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChgrSteve67

Man it can get brutal around here.

If I wanted to attach something to my car without putting a rack on the roof or trunk I would make something that mounts to the trailer hitch like my bike rack.

Just get some square tubing that goes in the hitch and then put a 90 deg bend in it or make a 90 weld with some supports so it does not break.

Then take a few of these and bolt them on (or weld a mount then bolt since they are aluminum).

Or something like it since I'm winging it here people.
Maybe a bottom plate to rest the ski on so it does not slide down and hit the ground and BAM your done. Might look like a flag pole going down the road but who cares. saves the car.

[popup tent leg that telescopes might work too so you can raise and lower it]
[Doubles as a flag pole for 4th of July]

Patent the sucker and make a few bucks in the progress. "Trailer Hitch mounted ski rack"

-Steve (problem solver at large)

ChgrSteve67