News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...

Started by marangen, January 17, 2006, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marangen

Any one interested in this or an irritating event?

Car auction today only or for the remainder of the week?

Some nice Chargers presumably?

Prices stabilizing in general maybe so interesting to see results here...

Shakey

I find it interesting.  I have gone for the past few years only because I had been in Scottsdale with a customer.  It will last all week, perhaps longer.  Check out their web site and post a link.  It will tell you what cars are for sale and when it is over.  I think it is hard to judge what happens with prices in general based on the auction results.

TruckDriver

I watch all of it all the time. It blows my mind to see what these cars go for. Here is the listing from Speed TV's web site;

ALL times listed is Eastern time zone.

Tuesday : January 17, 2006
Time Program Description   Rating
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Tuesday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Tuesday Session  NR
Wednesday : January 18, 2006
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Wednesday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Wednesday Session  NR
Thursday : January 19, 2006
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Thursday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Thursday Session  NR
Friday : January 20, 2006
5:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Friday Session (LIVE) NR
Saturday : January 21, 2006
2:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Saturday Session (LIVE) NR
Sunday : January 22, 2006
3:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Sunday Session (LIVE) NR
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69_500

Does anyone know what days the race Daytona will be up for sale? Or the bronze Daytona? Or heck, what day will the auction off the HEMI Cuda Convertible they have up for sale? That one will definately bring 7 figures, any guess on how high it will actually go? Since its a 1970 and not a 71, I"ll say it will only fetch 1.6 Million.

topduarte

Quote from: 69_500 on January 17, 2006, 09:52:47 AM
Does anyone know what days the race Daytona will be up for sale? Or the bronze Daytona? Or heck, what day will the auction off the HEMI Cuda Convertible they have up for sale? That one will definately bring 7 figures, any guess on how high it will actually go? Since its a 1970 and not a 71, I"ll say it will only fetch 1.6 Million.

The Dodge Daytona coupe is auction # 1313 and will go on on Saturday.

The race daytona is auction #1335 and is also on Saturday.

The orange Plymouth Hemi Cuda vert is auction #1309 and also on Saturday.

It looks like the Big dollar cars are on for Saturday!! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Or at least all the cars I want to see go, are on Saturday.

Shakey

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 17, 2006, 09:48:20 AM
I watch all of it all the time. It blows my mind to see what these cars go for. Here is the listing from Speed TV's web site;

ALL times listed is Eastern time zone.

Tuesday : January 17, 2006
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Tuesday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Tuesday Session  NR
Wednesday : January 18, 2006
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Wednesday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Wednesday Session  NR
Thursday : January 19, 2006
7:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Thursday Session (LIVE) NR
11:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Thursday Session  NR
Friday : January 20, 2006
5:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Friday Session (LIVE) NR
Saturday : January 21, 2006
2:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Saturday Session (LIVE) NR
Sunday : January 22, 2006
3:00 pm 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction  Scottsdale - Sunday Session (LIVE) NR

Thnaks for this!

Saved me looking it up.

I am watching now as I post.

TruckDriver

I don't know about the re-bodied AAR Cuda :rotz: If I heard that, I wouldn't of bought it. That '68 hemi GTX has issues too.

AAR Cuda Link

'68 GTX Survivor?
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

Just got finished watching.

Looks like mopar beat everything else out at a winning but of 110,000.00 for a 67 Plymouth Belvedere.

Go mopar.  ;D
70charginglizard

TruckDriver

PETE

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 17, 2006, 11:04:13 PM
That Belvedere was NICCCCEEE though! :yesnod:
But it was a Stinkin' CLONE... 

Did you see the guy loose a 100k on his PT cruiser?  (Owner said he invested 150k, but it went for 50)...  OUCH...

TruckDriver

I do not like PT Cruisers. I think they are fugly. I saw it, but I was on the phone at the time and didn't hear that........Wow! :rotz:   And, I agree about the clone part. But was still nice :yesnod: I couldn't believe it went for $110,000 though.
PETE

69_500

The clone HEMI car nearly doubled the price of a true HEMI GTX? That is insane. Even though the 68 GTX HEMI car wasn't the nicest one around, it was touted as being a survivor. However from the looks of the engine compartment pics, it has had some work. Or at least some paint work on. It needs some freshing up and all, but it was a true HEMI car. I'm guessing it isn't numbers matching other wise I don't see why it wouldn't have went for $100K itself.

Hooked On Mopars

I've got a car there, but not on the auction block.  Allot of cars sell @ Barrett-Jackson on the side.  Save allot of cash & still get top dollar.

Shakey

I wouldn't really trust Mike Joy to describe a car.  Sure, the camera shots help but I wouldn't take what Mike says to the bank.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Shakey on January 18, 2006, 07:10:41 AM
I wouldn't really trust Mike Joy to describe a car.  Sure, the camera shots help but I wouldn't take what Mike says to the bank.

I met him once at a short track here. He actually knows quit a bit about muscle cars. Just look at us here, we don't know everything either. And it says right in the description of the Cuda that it is a re-bodied car.
PETE

Shakey

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 18, 2006, 08:38:29 AM
Quote from: Shakey on January 18, 2006, 07:10:41 AM

I met him once at a short track here. He actually knows quit a bit about muscle cars. Just look at us here, we don't know everything either. And it says right in the description of the Cuda that it is a re-bodied car.

I was thinking more about the blue '68 Hemi.  Yes he pointed out some of the obvious but I still wouldn't take his word.

hotrod98

I enjoy watching the B-J auction each year. It depends on your situation as to whether the show is good or bad for the hobby. If you're planning to buy a musclecar...it's bad. If you own a building full of cars...it's good. Since I don't plan to sell any of my cars though, it's actually bad for me.  I'm still buying cars and hate to see the prices going up.
Nowadays, you can drive way out into the sticks and the guy with the old 71 cuda knows exactly how much it's worth since he has satellite television and watches the speed channel all of the time. The only people letting them go cheap are the older guys that don't watch much television.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Goldfinger71

What did you guys think about the 70 AAR Cuda that went for $60,000?The announcer said it was a rebody but did not give specifics.They also said it probably did not get more money becuase it was an automatic car.I beleive it would have fetched more money if it wasn't a rebody,even if it was a 727 auto car....just my  :Twocents:I have enjoyed the coverage thus far!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Hooked On Mopars on January 17, 2006, 11:19:49 PM
I've got a car there, but not on the auction block.  Allot of cars sell @ Barrett-Jackson on the side.  Save allot of cash & still get top dollar.

Hey Dan, how does that work?  I was told just to drive your car around town.  I also heard that it was against a city ordinance to have a for sale sign on the window, true?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on January 18, 2006, 11:53:35 AM
What did you guys think about the 70 AAR Cuda that went for $60,000?The announcer said it was a rebody but did not give specifics.They also said it probably did not get more money becuase it was an automatic car.I beleive it would have fetched more money if it wasn't a rebody,even if it was a 727 auto car....just my  :Twocents:I have enjoyed the coverage thus far!

I got the link above to the AAR. I wouldn't bought it.
PETE

472 R/T SE

My buddy who is helping me with "Project Hemi" restored this Hemi Cuda.  Local car, no rust.  He did it in a winter's time.  He got 3 cars and $$ in a trade.  My blue car was supposed to go there but he changed his mind.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=181405

triple_green

Hi Mike,

It would be fun to have Tom about his experience selling at B-J sometime. I would be interested in the the ins and out and realities of how it goes for him.

Is he a member of this board?

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69Charger500

I know I'm going to be sick soon...  I passed on this '71 Challenger convertible (383 Magnum N-Code, Butterscotch, Shaker Hood--real N96) for $6000 back in '88...  It was rough, and I think it is missing it's VIN now.  It was there when I looked at the car, but the guy who had it swapped the dash and lost the original one, VIN tag and all, if I recall correctly.

Did not know there were only 11 convertibles built with the Shaker Hood in '71 at that time.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=181709