News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Charger progress

Started by Skyview69, September 25, 2011, 07:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

Thought I'd share what I have been up to the last few months.  I've had my 69 for some time now and have only driven it a few times in the last 7-8 years.  I decided to fix her up a little to make it road worthy.  Three major problems had to be fixed.  The trans leaked horribly,  the brakes were very bad and the passenger side header was bent so bad it was right up against the tranny pan causing the major leakage.  I pulled the engine to install new headers and exhaust...and a new brake booster.  While the engine was out I replaced the head gaskets, oil pan gasket and water pump....cleaned it up real nice and threw some new paint on it.  After we dropped the engine back in and got everything bolted up she ran real good.  Took it out for a couple drives and the brakes were still shot so two new front wheel cylinders and I am back in business.  Still have many things to button up but for now I am driving my 69 Charger  :2thumbs:

Here's a few pics

Skyview69

more  :cheers:

Skyview69

few more ...

Skyview69

and some more  :2thumbs:

Skyview69

:cheers:

Skyview69

:cheers:

Skyview69

more :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Awesome.  Great pics, we love pics.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

projectanimal

Great looking car and project!!  Looks like I bought the same headers!!  :2thumbs:   looks pretty tight with the power steering side.   :scratchchin:
northwest CT

Skyview69

Quote from: projectanimal on September 25, 2011, 08:22:24 PM
Great looking car and project!!  Looks like I bought the same headers!!  :2thumbs:   looks pretty tight with the power steering side.   :scratchchin:

Thanks...Bought Hedmen headers from Jegs...they are a tight fit but just the right amount of clearance  :2thumbs:

projectanimal

We grabbed the Hedmans from Summit!  is yours the 383 or 440?    preparing for some paint underneath and then on to the headers and exhaust! 

:cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
northwest CT

Skyview69

Quote from: projectanimal on September 25, 2011, 08:42:20 PM
We grabbed the Hedmans from Summit!  is yours the 383 or 440?    preparing for some paint underneath and then on to the headers and exhaust! 

:cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Mine is a 383

terrible one

Looking good buddy!  :cheers: Sometimes there's just nothing that beats a flat black Charger with that bad-ass stance and old school mags.  :coolgleamA: Of course, I am a little biased toward the slots hehe. What's the condition of the seats under the seat covers? The rest of the interior looks pretty nice.

Looking forward to more progress and pictures!  :popcrn:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Only those with holes in their roof's could get topical interior pics like that :thumbs:

Love it!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Skyview69

Thanks guys... unfortunately my front seats are toast.  My 7 year old son picked out the skull and barbed wire seat covers for my birthday a couple weeks ago  :2thumbs: I am starting to like how they look with the black paint and all.  :scratchchin:  Now that I have it back on the road the weather has been cold and rainy all week  :RantExplode:  Hopefully this weekend i'll get a chance to bring her out again  :2thumbs:

Skyview69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 30, 2011, 07:01:30 AM
Only those with holes in their roof's could get topical interior pics like that :thumbs:

Love it!!

Yeah...and we also get rained on when they don't work!  ;)  :rofl:

71charger

those 5 slot mags you got on there are they 15'' or 14''???
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Skyview69

It's been a while since i posted here but I have been out enjoying the Charger  :2thumbs:  Bought a new Holley and wow...what a difference!

My fuel guage has not worked since I've had the car so my son was diagnosing the problem tonight...he determined that the sending unit is no good...he also discovered a leak!  

Also polished up the rims...by the way they are 15's

Patronus

I'll bet its the ground strap.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Skyview69

Quote from: Patronus on June 05, 2012, 09:53:00 PM
I'll bet its the ground strap.

Nope...tried grounding it with a wire straight to the battery and still nothing.  Grounded the sending unit wire too and the guage spikes up to full.  Only thing it can be is the sending unit itself unless you know of anything I have not tried  :shruggy:

lukedukem

what size holly did you go with and why? and what did you have before?
btw, cool color
luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Skyview69

Quote from: lukedukem on June 05, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
what size holly did you go with and why? and what did you have before?
btw, cool color
luke

It's a Holly 600...why?  because it was the cheapest new carb I found....with my budget that was the best i could do to keep her on the road.  It had the same size on it before but had some issues. 
thanks on the color...wish it looked like yours!!!  :drool5:

aussiemuscle

i must be a 70s kid, i like the jacked up rear  :icon_smile_big: