News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass hoods and hood scoops 68-70 Charger

Started by firefighter3931, September 24, 2011, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKCHARGER

:o Man that t/a style hood looks incredible!!! :drool5:  Any pics of a painted one?   :popcrn:

alenglish

heres mine from AAR.  I like it.  It does flex pretty good  at high speed, even with a brace on it.     Big  Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

moparstuart

:drool5: :popcrn:  found it this is my buddy rods  ,  he the guy that restores grilles and steering wheels

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

rods car with the cream colored top is just awesome   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

RKCHARGER

Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2011, 03:33:55 PM
:drool5: :popcrn:  found it this is my buddy rods  ,  he the guy that restores grilles and steering wheels

OMG  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I love that hood painted!!!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: RKCHARGER on September 26, 2011, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2011, 03:33:55 PM

OMG  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I love that hood painted!!!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:
it really does look right at home on there , I have thought hard about having one made for my daytona clone but just didnt have the guts to .

RKCHARGER

Yeah i'm sold, where is a good place a guy order one of those?

moparstuart

Quote from: RKCHARGER on September 26, 2011, 04:01:53 PM
Yeah i'm sold, where is a good place a guy order one of those?
might contact ron the originator of this thread and see what hes doing with this pentastar place ???

Rustymuscle

Quote from: Lennard on September 25, 2011, 10:38:52 PM
Is that the Hemi scoop below?

Sorry, I wished I responded to this earlier. No, none of those are the '65-'67 Super Stock hoods I'm talking about. Here's a better picture of Dick's '68 Charger with the scoop located waaay far back:

The hood scoop in question is available from AAR. The problem is locating it on the louvered Charger hood. That is why I would "ideally" want a scallop-less hood with the center spine intact. That way the spine of the scoop would match the hood.

Hope that helps.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

mauve66

Quote from: DonC1 on September 25, 2011, 06:00:37 PM
I have the mold for for the 70 AG hood, seperate rear insert, airbox and door etc. I can easily make this setup in 'glass (ie bulge and surround only) in any thickness a person wants. One could easily graft this piece onto the 2nd charger hood or any hood...as I am currently doing now grafting it onto my 70 superbird 'glass hood for project slambird.

Also have the mold for a shaker and volare/aspen conversion. I sold more than a few of these after MCG printed my info.

y0ou have a business/web site or just a side hobby??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

J-440

Old Dandy Dick also had hood pins to lift his hood off.  Won't that type of HINGED hood scoop hit the wipers and maybe the windshield once you opened it?  Looks kinda close in those pics.  I could be wrong though. 
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Rustymuscle

Quote from: J-440 on September 27, 2011, 07:33:55 PM
Old Dandy Dick also had hood pins to lift his hood off.  Won't that type of HINGED hood scoop hit the wipers and maybe the windshield once you opened it?  Looks kinda close in those pics.  I could be wrong though. 

My point was that I'd like a flat, louver-less hood so that I could put that scoop further up on the hood, and thereby eliminating Landy's far-back position.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

Lennard

Quote from: Rustymuscle on September 27, 2011, 03:41:29 PM

The hood scoop in question is available from AAR. The problem is locating it on the louvered Charger hood. That is why I would "ideally" want a scallop-less hood with the center spine intact. That way the spine of the scoop would match the hood.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that helps. That's a good looking scoop with that spine in it. :yesnod:

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Troy

I think the Shaker and T/A scoops are hideous on a Charger. I wouldn't be buying any hood with a scoop though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

:popcrn:  i hated the look of a six pac hood scoop on my superbird so i cut it off and did the air grabber

still love the T/A scoop though

Cooter

Quote from: Troy on September 29, 2011, 12:20:20 PM
I think the Shaker and T/A scoops are hideous on a Charger. I wouldn't be buying any hood with a scoop though.

Troy

Amen...Chargers didn't come with scoops for a reason....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

penstar reproductipons

Hey guys my name is jim from penstar reproductions .I spoke with some of your members at the norwalk chrysler classic. We spoke about some second generation charger hoods we are currently making. Some styles discussed was a flat hood no swoops for turn signals with a stock six pac scoop. aAlso we are currently working on a low rise cowl hood. Sounds a little wierd looks pretty neat this is one will generate some interesting feed back. Hemi scooped hoods were also discussed. All new hoods will feature our new second generation frames these frames are full fiberglass . This will cut down on work to the frame of the hood this frame is currently offered on the road runner coronet and third generation charger bulge and charger shaker hoods. That hood loks pretty neat too.. Thanks again for your interest and please add any comments and input to pictures of some of the new charger projects as well as the things you would like to see. This will help include Dodge charger.com into the process of these new products which I feel will be unique in the mopar market. Thaks again jim.

RKCHARGER

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

J-440

DKN...now that's what I'm talking about!!  That is beautiful right there.  The Charger was the only B-body that did'nt get some type of cool scoop.  Always wondered why.  Thanks for that pic. :2thumbs:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

firefighter3931

Quote from: penstar reproductipons on September 29, 2011, 03:52:38 PM
Hey guys my name is jim from penstar reproductions .I spoke with some of your members at the norwalk chrysler classic. We spoke about some second generation charger hoods we are currently making. Some styles discussed was a flat hood no swoops for turn signals with a stock six pac scoop. aAlso we are currently working on a low rise cowl hood. Sounds a little wierd looks pretty neat this is one will generate some interesting feed back. Hemi scooped hoods were also discussed. All new hoods will feature our new second generation frames these frames are full fiberglass . This will cut down on work to the frame of the hood this frame is currently offered on the road runner coronet and third generation charger bulge and charger shaker hoods. That hood loks pretty neat too.. Thanks again for your interest and please add any comments and input to pictures of some of the new charger projects as well as the things you would like to see. This will help include Dodge charger.com into the process of these new products which I feel will be unique in the mopar market. Thaks again jim.

Hi Jim...welcome to the Board  :wave:

Looking forward to your mockups/pics  :2thumbs:

Thanks for chiming in and providing us Charger guys with something new and innovative !  :bow:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bill440rt

Quote from: kab69440 on September 25, 2011, 04:33:26 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 24, 2011, 05:55:51 PM
I would jump on the hood if it was done with a 1970 RR style air grabber or a 1971 style air grabber bubble...         

Second gen hoods look awesome with the Runner/ GTX power bulge. It suits the car VERY well. Not sure I'd go to the extra effort of the Ramcharger/ Air Grabber setup, though. I suppose if a man could buy a complete setup, it'd be worth it just for the cool factor.

:iagree:

I saw a black '70 Charger not too long ago where someone grafted a '70 RR style Air Grabber setup on it. Out of all the scooped Charger hoods I've seen over the decades, I thought that one looked the best & was very tastefully done.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Quote from: J-440 on September 25, 2011, 09:05:36 PM
  Kab...I'm talking of filling in the scallops and shaving the peak so as there is only a flat hood.  Then come in and add a Shaker bubble setup.  I saw it on a computer drawing as well as on an Overhaulin car that Foose did a few years back.  He put it on a silver 67 Charger and it looked factory.   :2thumbs:

I saw that, too. I thought the Shaker on the 1st Gen hood looked great!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

this is a steel hood