News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass hoods and hood scoops 68-70 Charger

Started by firefighter3931, September 24, 2011, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Rustymuscle

Frankly, I'm really, really picky as to hoods on 2nd Gen. Chargers. I've seen all sorts of fiberglass hoods on Chargers, be them Six-Pack hoods, Chevy-looking cowl hoods and some other odd combos. I've always like the Super Stock Plymouth/Dodge hoods, the same kind that Dick Landy used.

Of course, Landy used a stock hood - with louvers - and placed the scoop back on the hood, almost back to the windshield. Ideally, what I'd want would be to make a custom '69 hood with no louvers, but use the same '65-'67 Super Stock hood as Landy, and place it a little further up than Landy.

The Super Stock hood as the same center spine as the stock Charger hood, and is low and wide making it look far more appropriate with the Charger body lines, in my opinion.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

J-440

Kab...I'm talking of filling in the scallops and shaving the peak so as there is only a flat hood.  Then come in and add a Shaker bubble setup.  I saw it on a computer drawing as well as on an Overhaulin car that Foose did a few years back.  He put it on a silver 67 Charger and it looked factory.   :2thumbs:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

kab69440

Quote from: J-440 on September 25, 2011, 09:05:36 PM
  Kab...I'm talking of filling in the scallops and shaving the peak so as there is only a flat hood.  Then come in and add a Shaker bubble setup.  I saw it on a computer drawing as well as on an Overhaulin car that Foose did a few years back.  He put it on a silver 67 Charger and it looked factory.   :2thumbs:

Ummmm, no.  As I said, after looking at the mockup the idea went out the window. I sold the repop bubble and trim ring on eBay. I went with the power bulge instead. I too removed the scallops and shaved that ridiculous booger from the center of the leading edge. I think a plain, flat hood would be kinda cool,  though.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

LUMI

moparstuart

Quote from: LUMI on September 26, 2011, 10:11:45 AM
mopar scoops looks awful :rotz:
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:  Mopar scoops are the best  , pontiac is the only one that even comes close to making stock scoops well   

LUMI

this looks good
much better than any mopar one :2thumbs:

Lennard

LUMI

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:  i really like the T/A style on a 2nd gen

moparstuart

moparstuart

another ugly scoop that should stay on chevy's 

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2011, 01:55:08 PM

That does look good............  Hmm maybe for the next project?  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2011, 01:55:08 PM

That does look good............  Hmm maybe for the next project?  :2thumbs:
cant find a picture of it but my buddy rod has one on his 68 also  , looks really good in person   

DonC1

Nice...very nice! The AG and 70 RT scoops look like a natural fit on the black 70 and the birds.