News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

linkage on heater core box

Started by lasvegas69charg, November 05, 2011, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

hi.  does anyone have a pic on how the linkage goes on the side of the heater core box with ac for a 69 charger that shows how the springs are attached on the bottom? whoever worked on it before didn't reinstall it correctly when they changed out the heater core. i did a search and i found a few pics but i am really looking on how the springs attach to the bottom of the linkage.  thanks in advance.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Sorry, didn't read your post properly the first time....

lasvegas69charg

it looks like there should be 2 springs on the bottom. 
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

I am missing one then.. I assume it would go in the small hole in the "S" link and the small hole in the side of the box hidden under the linkage.

lasvegas69charg

i noticed on the sms page there are 4 springs on the parts layout pic.  i only have one spring so i guess i am missing 3 springs.  any ideas where i can pick up 3 springs?  thanks.

Well, I got my hardware back from plating and my plater lost the only spring I had  :brickwall:  I guess I have to track down new springs.... Restoring this heater box cost WAY more then I wanted it too and probably would have been cheaper to buy one already done from SMS  :brickwall: 

I'll give SMS and Tom Race a call later to see if they sell the springs....

lasvegas69charg

let me know what they say.  thanks.

lasvegas69charg

i talked to sms today and they said there were only 2 springs for the linkage.  he doesnt sell the springs. 

gtx6970

Although I'm not going to part an A/C box out,,but I would be willing to snap off a few pictures if needed

And I have a few B-body 66-70 B-body A/C boxes here, so if you need pics of any area let me know.

lasvegas69charg

that would be great :cheers:.  what i am looking for is a pic of the bottom of the linkage showing where the springs connect at.  there is supposed to be 2 springs.  thanks.

gtx6970

I took several pictures yesterday , but the daughter took off with my camera for the weeeknd at Karate camp.

be back on monday  with linkage pictures

lasvegas69charg

gtx6970

I have 4 different A/C boxes on hand. And I'll have to ck dates on t them to be 100% sure if any or none are 69 Boxes( but I am pretty sure this one is a 68 Box )

If you need more let me know and I'll take them down out of the loft for better pictures in better lighting

gtx6970

This one ' I think ' is a 67 B-body

lasvegas69charg