News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PPG paint codes for interior B5Blue?

Started by b5blue, August 26, 2011, 05:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigeltufnel

Quote from: b5blue on September 08, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
Actually its still there. It's one of the few things left. Want a chunk of it, it's hanging down in one corner!

Yeah, if you don't mind send me a piece of the headliner.   :2thumbs: I'll PM my address.

b5blue

nigeltufnel

I received the headliner sample from an original B5 interior '70 Charger (thanks again Neal!) and thought I'd post some pics.  You can see a portion of the original headliner was covered, and this portion is clearly lighter than the rest of the headliner.  

The pictures below show the original liner next to a yearone liner that was given to me by the previous owner of my car.  The YO liner was never installed, and as far as I know it spent most of its life in the shipping box.  I have no idea how old it is or what color its supposed to be, but it looks dark blue (the flash makes it look lighter than it actually is).

Side by side, the YO liner is darker than the exposed portion of the original liner, but not by much.  However, the "covered" portion of the original liner is significantly lighter.

Non-flash pic

b5blue

Wow! That's quite a bit! Having sent you the sample it was remarkable how much darker it had aged to and that headliner is even darker..... :scratchchin: It may be time to start a topic with a data base. I've read here about a difference in exact shades of B5 Blue exterior paint for different years of production. That sample is original 70 headliner, could they be changing "tone" year to year on interior too?