News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question

Started by General 713, January 16, 2006, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgbailey57

isn't that tin soldier's car?
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

Doc74

Quote from: jgbailey57 on January 18, 2006, 11:30:33 AM
isn't that tin soldier's car?

And originally owned by the lowlife who named himself fastgnrl, Telvis could fill you in on that one  :D
That was the first car I saw a few years ago when I started hunting for one, glad I never bought it since the owner is a huge scamartist.
As long as it isn't registered to a Joe WIlkins anymore it's fine.
I had a few pics of it, it's not too bad if I recall.

General 713

I know it is not a bad car but my parents.........................er :icon_smile_angry:

General 713

I would like to buy this car myself.  I donot believe that it is an R/T.  They have seen pics before i even told you guys about it.  My dad thinks that is not worth more than $1500 with every thing included.  I want this car but another problem i have is getting it home.

General 713

What would be the best way for me to get it home if i bought it?

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 19, 2006, 10:58:04 AM
What would be the best way for me to get it home if i bought it?

Do you have a truck?  or does your Dad?  Go to U-Haul and rent a car trailer and pull it home. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General 713

They said that i can't go that far.   they probably wouldn't letme go more than 50 miles away. 
Some one said to ask UPS or FEDEX

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 19, 2006, 01:32:15 PM
They said that i can't go that far.   they probably wouldn't letme go more than 50 miles away. 
Some one said to ask UPS or FEDEX

Where are you and where is the car?

Do you have garage space at your parents house or will you be parking this car on the street?

Do you have a job?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General 713

I live in WI and the car is in CT
I live on a farm so there is a place to put it
i have a job in the summer,  going to call about a part time job tonight.

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 19, 2006, 02:20:52 PM
I live in WI and the car is in CT
I live on a farm so there is a place to put it
i have a job in the summer,  going to call about a part time job tonight.

Where in WI?   I grew up there.

Shakey

I could try and convince your Mom.   :D  Post a pic first! 

Khyron

Quote from: General 713 on January 18, 2006, 05:56:12 PM
My dad thinks that is not worth more than $1500 with every thing included. 

no offence, but if thats the knowledge you father has on these cars, You my friend, have a lost cause.

Forget it, Save the money yourself, and go at it alone.

I wish I could give you a huge insightful post, But being a parent I know. If you can't get up the money for the car itself, you won't have the money to repair it.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

General 713

Fall Creek Pocket Thunder  near Eau Claire

My dad said that he does not know much about dodge cars a little later on

who would you guys suggest i try and get a shipping quote from?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on January 19, 2006, 08:36:40 PM
Quote from: General 713 on January 18, 2006, 05:56:12 PM
My dad thinks that is not worth more than $1500 with every thing included. 

no offence, but if thats the knowledge you father has on these cars, You my friend, have a lost cause.
:iagree:  Your dad is still living in 1983...

Quote from: General 713 on January 19, 2006, 10:00:35 PM
Fall Creek Pocket Thunder  near Eau Claire

My dad said that he does not know much about dodge cars a little later on

who would you guys suggest i try and get a shipping quote from?

Do you know your Track coach T. Anders?  I used to run Track with him at Stout... (i was a steeplechaser)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------(formerly miked style  :icon_smile_big:)

Anyways, back to the subject.  I would suggest you look out west to buy a car that is rust free or near rust free.  and it seems Cali cars are better off than east coast cars...  I'll go find some for you... hold on..

greenpigs

1) You need your own money
2) Chances are you will need your own place\storage
3) SAVE...SAVE....SAVE that $$

4) Get to know the members here, if your genuine some guys will help you out. If your a HLPAG spy your fertilizer for the corn.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

General 713

HLPAG is a rip off.  I was looking a car on ebay that they were selling and i emailed him for pics and then he told me this car was worth $3000 or more.  as far as i know he still has it.  there was no trunk left, quaters were shot, bumper rusted through, no interior, tranny, and a motor that was missing it heads, all sorts of dents, a few you could now look through, and I think it did not have any glass except the wind shield which was not pretty.

I found a '70 charger in IL for $8500 but was told when i sent him a message i could have it for $7500.  it runs and drives, brakes need some work, is missing on a headliner and the rocker pannel on pass. side is rusted.  What do you guys think of this one compared to the '69.     Pics coming today if he has sent them.

PocketThunder

Here is a 69 in FIB Land.. $9500
http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/files/92000/92007.html

Here is one that a tree fell on in Utah..  $3200, but it will cost you $10,000 to fix it up.
http://www.musclecarprojects.com/carlook.cfm?Picture=DSC04479.JPG&carID=93&make=PlymouthDodge

This is better yet..  Rust free Arizona car..  $15,000  buy this car and you'll be miles ahead in the long run.  Trust me, i know from experience several times.  i used to be just like you.
http://www.classyauto.com/v/Dodge+Charger/32347

General 713

Those are more than what i want to pay

PocketThunder

So the guy in Payson said the car runs, did you ask if its roadworthy to drive it home?  He's 526 miles from you, you can do that in a weekend.  Get up real early Sat morning leave at 3:00am, get down there with your dad by 11:00am, buy the car, and drive it home by 8:00pm.  or trailer it home on a u-haul tow dolly...

General 713

Yes it is roadworthy, not real nice but could drive it home.  I am not sure how to pay for it, might have to work it out with my parents.  Is there anyone down there that could help me?

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 20, 2006, 02:01:31 PM
Yes it is roadworthy, not real nice but could drive it home.  I am not sure how to pay for it, might have to work it out with my parents.  Is there anyone down there that could help me?

Help you with what?  Financing?  If your a teen and you dont have the cash up front the first and only place to get money is with your parents co-signing on a loan for you.  Muscle car loans are around 10%.

To help you with an idea of payments:  If you borrow $7000 for 2 years at 10% that's $323 a month.  $7000 over 3 years is $226 a month.  But keep in mind that the car has to appraise for this $7000 or greater.  You should be able to find a job making $56.50 a week.  But now we're back to you parents letting you do all this. .  which, we cant help with, all that much.  You're on your own...

General 713

Is there anyone who could buy this car and hold it for me for a while?

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 20, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JimShine

When I was a teen I had a lust for guitars. Nice ones. My parents wouldn't loan me a dime for them. I flipped them off and busted my ass to earn money any way I could. Mowing lawns, working under the table cleaning a veterenary hospital, whatever it took, if it paid I did it and bought what I wanted. Looking back that was perhaps my first steps to autonomy. There comes a time when when you want something bad enough, you have to take control of the situation and make it happen on your own.

694spdRT

Quote from: General 713 on January 20, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

If you are that bad off with your parents and have no income for a loan I really think you are stuck for now. It will probably be in your best interest to find a car your parents will agree on and eventually work your way up to a Charger. I can tell you that a Charger is not a good everyday driver in Wisconsin becasue the winters will just tear it up so you will need something else to drive anyway. 

Sorry.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi