News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge restoration trick

Started by Calif240, September 14, 2011, 06:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys. I'm restoring some of my gauges and thought I'd share a trick that I tried that worked really well. After years of dirt, chemicals, fumes, etc the clear plastic that covers my gauges was pretty cloudy. Lots of haziness and just didn't look too well. I got the idea to try and polish it using the 3M headlight restoration kit. It worked extremely well for me and my clear plastic looks almost new. I didn't take a before shot or I'd post the before and after. Hopefully this tip can help someone else out there and save some bucks with a little DIY.
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

macca3441

Terry,

I've thought about using that stuff, but you're the first I've heard that has! Glad to hear the results were good!
I've been recommended to use Mothers Plastic Polish. Have bought a bottle and will be giving it a go in the next few weeks.
I will also let you guys know how it has worked for me!

Wade

twodko

That's great idea............mother of invention huh!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!