News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought B Body online and reamed - Question - how would you feel?

Started by DonC1, September 14, 2011, 03:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

I bought my Charger kind of online. Made the seller send me as many pictures as I needed to judge the condition of the body. He sent me pictures of almost every panel, frame, interior etc.
I was really satisfied but I still bought a plane ticket to close the deal in person. Pictures don't tell you much about the mechanical condition. I trusted the seller but when it comes to spending big $$$ you better be damn sure who you REALLY trust - the answer was: just myself!

btw. I had to fly to the states from Europe.

So..I do understand that you are upset about the seller but it is pretty much your fault as you had the chance to inspect the car before you bought it or right after you bought it. 2 years is just too long..

gtx6970

Sorry about what happend,
and I'm not trying to kick you while your down, But 2 years ????????

moparstuart

Quote from: DonC1 on September 15, 2011, 12:58:56 AM
Understood:)

Sellers last 3 emails loosely ' imply ' I am at fault...what a nice guy.

ie his quote:

U have hade the car 4 over 2 years,,,I have no idea what has happened since u have owned it...sorry 4 ur disappointment

I'm not a vindictive person so won't reveal his name as of yet, it doesnt appear he has the balls to own up to at least some sort of acknowledgement of this misdeed.50 cars..ya I guess it was my turn...maybe I've just been lucky in the past. Mopar people as a rule are good people or at least everyone I've ever met in person has been. The interior condition and maybe the rust issue I can almost absorb...but the switched wheels and dummy block..well that's really low in my book.
I'd like to post pics of the before and after but haven't mastered that process.

can you email one of us the pictures so we can post them  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

What sucks to me Is the buyer beware mentality. So sad we as people can't trust people. Reminds me of when a guy in a pick up had his signal on to turn on the road I was pulling out of. I pulled out and he hit me. The cop said to me as we were leaving the scene, you need to be sure they are turning. I said, why me?  How about he needs not to drive around with his turn signal on and not turning?
Someone cheated you. That's wrong. Sad state of affairs when it's your fault trusting people.
Reality, but sad. Wonder what the site unseen to seen rip off ratio is?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

:popcrn:  picture of don's car   
Hi Stuart,

I can indeed mail you pics of my 70 Sat....from the onset it looked pretty good and the seller kept ' reassuring me ' it was better in person.

keys in car and all door locks work...you will be please...like i said can get the car running in a weekend if you put carb back etc....

Peter

ohh speaking of that keys in car and work doorlocks too? everything else there beside missing glovebox?, I have never bought a car sight unseen so am trusting you on this:)
Don

moparstuart

:popcrn:  1st pic...of sellers add....70 Satellite ...$5500.
and emails:

yes clear title. and car looks better in real life..pictures don't give the car it's true potential...what is your contact number..thanks peter

Saw your car on the charger board.
Where are you located and do you have a clear title for the satellite.

Thank you.
DonC

moparstuart

moparstuart

looked for a glove box at the swap meet..did find a guy how as a tan matching one...he is out of town until next week..he did not have it with him...your guy showed up with 5300 dollars..I did see alot of junk at the swap meet and this satellite with the roadrunner stuff..was priced right....thanks peter

Peter,
were missing some road wheels and center caps or beauty rings. In my opinion I paid top dollar for a non running satellite,
I at least would like a glove box door and a matching set of wheels!
thank you.
DonC

moparstuart

:popcrn:  june 1st  2011       Not exactly as pictured in add...

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

the final kicker...oil pan drops off block when I pull the engine out...

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on September 15, 2011, 02:17:19 PM
the final kicker...oil pan drops off block when I pull the engine out...

well, maybe he was about to install a windage tray....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

DonC1

64dartgt

In about 1988 I was going to buy a 71 Buick GS 455 off a friend who had a 70.  He bought the 71 for his Wife and it was too fast for her.  The night before it was going to be mine he got drunk and blew up the motor.  Maybe that is what happened here.   :shruggy:

DonC1

Nahh what I really think is this fellow -
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66271.msg743156.html#msg743156

thinks that rust, ripped fabrics and bent scrap metal is worth gold and should be paid for accordingly..

:rotz:

It'll make a good racecar - superbird door slammer - or lawn ornament.

Aero426