News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES inside of my '69 Charger....

Started by elanmars, September 12, 2011, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68pplcharger

Wow, glad to hear you are ok.

Tell that guy, in the chevy, next time you just take him for a ride when he wants a closer look.  :shruggy:

Sorry couldn't resist, best to make light of a bad situation or you could loose it.

even_u

RKCHARGER

Back N Black

Fitz73Chrgr

Wow, glad to see you're okay.  You are unbelievably fortunate.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Rolling_Thunder

HOLY SHIT!!!    It's only a car bro -   you lived through it.     You can always replace material objects -  just count your blessings
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mauve66

i would buy it back from the insurance company and make it a planter in the yard to remind you how fragile life is
sorry for your loss, another reason to have speciality insurance and not regular statefarm $200 payout coverage
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brass

Unbelievable.  So very sorry about what happened but like everyone else, glad you're going to be okay.  It really could've been worse.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nihil

That'll buff out....

Seriously though, glad you're ok and sorry for the loss of your car. As for the camera, as mentioned in an earlier response, it's a sign that it's time to step-up to some proper Nikon gear.  :icon_smile_big:

`68 Charger R/T 440-4
`02 A4 1.8TQMS
`82 RHD 300GD Geländewagen

XS29J8

:o         Glad you survived........the Charger can be replaced.........
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

70 Charger RT

Glad you survived!  I would fix it, it's just metal.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Mopar John

I am truly glad you survived! Maybe you can make some good use out of it by taking it around to safe driving seminars and such. We have a guy here with a 1968 Buick that was hit by a drunk driver and he has it at the county fairs and high schools.
Mopar John

elanmars

yeah I think it'll buff out too...or maybe I can make it into a general lee if i send it to HPLAG!

anyway, thanks again everyone for all the kind words.

will be getting another Charger eventually. maybe one i can put a 5.7/6.1 in. will see. right now recuperating and recharging, slowly but surely!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

69rtse4spd

Unbelievable, so glad you are OK, thank God for good old American steel. As others have said, the car can be replaced, you can not. Just wounder if the other guy even has insurance, or what kind & trust me they will try to screw you, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING till you are completely healed. Keep one thing from the car to remind you that it saved your life.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

64dartgt

That is awful.  Glad you survived!  I ate an 18 wheeler and a guard rail in a 92 Cougar a few years back.  Walked away with barely a scratch.  Actually some punk hit me from behind doing about 100 mph at 8am on a Monday morning while I was on the way to the dentist.  I very clearly remember looking head on at the side of the trailer and thinking "this isn't going to be good."  Luckily my car was still moving forward at ~ 70 mph even though I was across the lane.  I went under the truck slowly and the rear tires just spun me out into the guard rail.  Ended up with a perfect impression of the guard rail down the whole length of the car!

I have two words for your next car...roll bar.  People suck.

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Brock Lee

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on September 13, 2011, 04:34:33 PM
Glad you survived!  I would fix it, it's just metal.

I was waiting for that. Its gone. No saving that one.

six-tee-nine

I guess this is the ultimate nightmare of everyone on this site. Altough it is sad for the car, you are very lucky to be alive...

Dont keep the wreck, keep the pictures of the better days. Now its time to milk out the insurance co. make them pay back a bit of the pile of cash you payed them over the years and get another one.
When you have a bad day in the future remeber this accident to get you going again.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Patronus

Im no expert, but I think you are a very lucky man. Its a sad day when one goes down.. never to come back. She sure liked you, it was her last act to save you.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SuperJim

Wow! It's hard to believe anyone could walk away from something like that. Glad you are okay. Man....
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Charger_Dart

That's the worst B-Body wreck I have ever seen and you somehow lived through it. Amazing !!
Hope your recovery goes well.   
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Lennard

Glad you're o.k., you're lucky to be alive!  :2thumbs:

It sucks that another beautiful Charger is gone. :'(

70charginglizard

That is incredible. I'm just happy to see you made it out alive. Cars can be replaced people can not.
70charginglizard