News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES inside of my '69 Charger....

Started by elanmars, September 12, 2011, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Brock Lee

That is terrible. Sorry your car had to die. Do you plan on getting another Charger?

Quick question, all your pics look old, do you use a program or something to make them look like old Kodachrome?

Marck

Holy crap, you really took a hit...  :eek2:
That could have gone a lot worse than it did, get well, and then get another Charger...

I still cant get past the amount of damage and the door, it's crumpled up like an accordion. Thank god for collapsible steering columns in 69.... Side intrusion bars would make our chargers a bit safer then they are now as seen in another old vehicle "accident" photo on this forum.

Keep us posted....

Hemidog

elanmars

hey guys, thanks for the all the posts.

i'm not sure what condition the truck that hit me is in, all i know, from being told about it from a police report, is that it's one of those huge chevy trucks with 4 wheels in the rear. pardon my lack of technicality there!

i do plan to get another charger, 68-69, i was actually planning to sell this one after i was going to have rear fender work done to it, get a decent project to put a 5.7 or 6.1 in.

the pictures were taken with my cellphone, i have an iphone (no i'm not a hipster, i promise, i just like my ipod, my iphone and my macbook but not a fanatic about it) and there's a free program called instagram, that gives you a few different filters you can use for photos.

i have better photos of the car with my camera, i've posted quite a few over the years (not only this one but other Chargers I've owned, a '73 and another '69).

my camera is toast, as was in the car. a nice canon 5D mark 2, the lens....external flash though, a-ok! go figure. so was my iphone! my ipod is somewhere in the car but i'm in no condition to dig around. i'm a little beat up and sore, what hurts the most is muscle soreness in my lower right back and leg for being in bed at the hospital a lot in 1.5 days. i'm home now. just taking it way easy.

i don't remember getting hit or anything. i barely remember answering questions as i was being put into a helicopter but don't remember the ride at all. i just remember waking up at the hospital, 3 female nurses nearby, i'm in a gown with a little bit of my junk hanging out and i go "my apologies ladies, not my style to disappoint, before today, i'd always be more than "up" for it!" and they cracked up. lucky to be alive, i have a daughter turning 2 later this month, would like to see her grow up.

will see with insurance as to what to do with the car. my mom had it towed home from the towing yard it was at. my friend and his dad-who mostly work on mopars, work on mine quite a lot (they have a few awesome cars themselves and about 3 years ago won 3rd place at the nats or somewhere big like that in the A-Body category for a '74 duster they did, even featured in MCGs), looked at a few pics and said there's quite a few things that can be cut out and saved for future cars or parts or whatever. his dad has 40+ mopar knowledge, this dude is like a jedi master when it comes to these cars, right down to the proper bolts and things. they can restore cars factory correct or make them look legit but with better performance parts. just glad to have them as friends, as being busy going to school, working and being a young dad leaves me zero time to work on the car, plus i don't have all the space, right materials, knowledge, etc. it's just always easier to give them the car or have them come by if any gremlin decides to pop up.

this charger was a daily driver, by the way. a/c too. had spent a lot on it mechanically, as it had sooooo much ghetto/hack backyard mechanic work done. so bad i was (and still am) going to have my friend write it all down in detail, we'd find so many things that would make us go "why!?" and "who in the hell would do THAT!?" etc.

i'm kinda rambling now. car definitely went "death proof" and i got the benefit of being in the driver's seat. or whatever it is kurt russell says in that movie as stuntman mike.

i don't know much about modern crash technology, so i can't go "yeah the charger can take a hit better than a honda", i'm just going by what i was told but i'm glad i'm alive.

the charger took fatal battle damage and it saved my life.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

71charger

good thing you are alright. I realized that there was 23 variations of "glad you are OK"

glad you OK!!
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Hit by what I'm guessing is a dually by your description - OUCH !!

I assume the truck ran a red light ?

Not that it's the kind of story you want but at least you'll have an incredible story to tell...

Brock Lee

Quote from: elanmars on September 13, 2011, 01:09:19 AM

the pictures were taken with my cellphone, i have an iphone (no i'm not a hipster, i promise, i just like my ipod, my iphone and my macbook but not a fanatic about it) and there's a free program called instagram, that gives you a few different filters you can use for photos.

Thanks! I have an iphone too, and I love it! I will check that app out as I really dig the look of your pics! (except of course of the wrecked car)

Budnicks

Man I feel for you, Holly crap !!, dosen't even cover the damage, good to see you are OK, good luck with your new ventures..
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

MoparManJim

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

1969chargerrtse

Dang, man you are Lucky.  That's one Vin that wont be on the road any more.  Hood looks nice. Glad you're o.k.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68RRFlyer

Good Lord! :o  That's just more than words can describe. :rotz:  You are very, very fortunate.  You will live on to drive many more Chargers, but to keep the memory alive of the one that saved yours, maybe take a small piece of this one and put it into the next one?  That'll ensure, at least in your mind, the car is still a part of you.  Wow, just....WOW!!!! :-\

Cheers :cheers:   
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

Jake

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on September 13, 2011, 06:44:42 AM
Good Lord! :o  That's just more than words can describe. :rotz:  You are very, very fortunate.  You will live on to drive many more Chargers, but to keep the memory alive of the one that saved yours, maybe take a small piece of this one and put it into the next one?  That'll ensure, at least in your mind, the car is still a part of you.  Wow, just....WOW!!!! :-\

Cheers :cheers:   

Wow, glad you are alive.

bill440rt

I simply cannot adequately put into words the gut wrenching feeling seeing pictures like that. Dude, you are the luckiest man alive.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.  :cheers:
Get yourself back to good health, give your daughter a big hug & tell her you love her.
Forget the car, let the insurance company sort it out. There are still others out there to replace it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bobs66440

:o Um, wow! That's about as bad as I can imagine. Holy crap! You are lucky..  :yesnod:

RIDELIKEHELL

Unreal! Glad you are okay but that is gut wrenching to look at :'(
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Old Moparz

If I had seen that car without the knowledge of the driver posting the pics & the story, I'd have assumed there were no survivors.  :o

Good to know you're okay, but don't let yourself get a false sense of thinking you are. My wife still gets neck & shoulder issues from an accident that happened several years ago that was far less damaging to the vehicle than yours. It sucks to say this, but these days you're going to need a lawyer just as badly as a doctor. Once you sign any kind of papers at the hospital involving insurance, nobody wants to help you.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mpdlawdog

WOW  Ive seen alot of wrecks in my career but most that looked that severe ended up a lot worse for the occupants.  Kiss those girls in the pic!  (and thank god you were by yourself) Someone wanted to keep you around for a while and was definitely watching over you.  Just another reason to live today like its your last....your not guaranteed tomorrow! 

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Stretch

The Lord shurley has big plans for you! Thank God you were alone. It's hard to emagine anyone could have survived a hit like that. You truly are blessed in ways we may never know. I'm at a loss for words.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

NYCMille

Oh man! So, so sorry to hear about what happened and thank God you're ok. I've been staring at those pics for quite awhile and can't believe the impact that you and the car took!

mikepmcs

Glad you're ok.  :2thumbs:

Now that that crappy Canon is in the trash, you can go get some Nikon equipment.   :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Domino

Sorry about your bad luck...that's really gut wrenching.

Quote from: elanmars on September 12, 2011, 05:11:02 PM
officer said had i been in a more modern vehicle, most likely i wouldn't have survived.....

Well, to put it nicely... I strongly disagree, but whatever.

Brock Samson

Lookin' at those pics for the fourth time I'm sorry about the old Girl but sure am glad that your still with us!  :yesnod:
Amazing. Take Care.