News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES inside of my '69 Charger....

Started by elanmars, September 12, 2011, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty8charger

This is what I worry about.  I want mine to be a driver, and drive the hello out of it.   But I would just be devastated after countless hours of body work and time if this happens. 

So when I tell people, I don't mind slapping mud on the body throughout my "restoration" .. or re-build I should say. I just want to drive and enjoy it.  Until I no longer can avoid this situation. 

Bound to happen to us all, statistically.

Glad you are alright!
Jayson

elanmars

yeah, it happens...but every Charger I've owned I've made into a daily driver. I'm just not the "have in the garage, take out on a weekend every now and again/trailer to a show" type of guy. i also haven't owned any rare, numbers matching cars but that's just not my style...

my thing is to drive the hell out of them haha.

anyway, i guess this is where the "fun" begins, as the other insurance company doesn't want to pay a thing according to their "findings".
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Samson

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

You always got to fight with insurance companies. They always give you a hard time hoping you wont argue & just go away. I hate Inssurance companies. Scams. LEON. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Bobs69

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 26, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
You always got to fight with insurance companies. They always give you a hard time hoping you wont argue & just go away. I hate Inssurance companies. Scams. LEON. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

They are betting that the working many will not have the time or energy to fight and since he needs to get on with his life, will fold.

At least that's what I've heard said about cops/courts in Ontario with our new "street racing" fines.  $10 000 for going 50km/h (30mph) over any speed limit.

chrisII

if you had it insured through Grundy, isnt that insured to an agreed value? if so Im pretty sure Grundy pays out, and then chases after the trucks insurance company..
   Very glad you were alone in the car, and are going to come out of it without permanent injury.

elanmars

everything with Grundy is A-OK and top class all around, no complaints whatsoever.

and thank you chrisII. i'm hopeful with the lack of permanent injury but the jury is still out on that.

just6t9charger-yeah i would have liked credits for the photos too! maybe a link to the '69 registry...tsk tsk mr. angry.

69charger2002

Oh my gosh! i guess i don't get on here as much as i used to. I am SOO glad you are alive bro! the pics have me so depressed i am positive i won't sleep tonight. a buddy just told me about the post i had NO IDEA. Did this happen in covington? Don't think i've ever seen a 68-70 charger get destroyed so bad besides the test photo that always floats around with them hitting a wall at 75 mph. that is absolutely incredible. and to think if we could hvae just worked out a deal 3 months ago when i was harrassing you about buying it back.. anyway so glad you made it out of that car.. If you need anything please let me know.

Travis

sniff.. in my sig is a pic of the car not long after i got it from Tupelo MS at the begining of '06. 15 inch ultra wheels and all..  :(
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brads70

Wow! Like many have said , your lucky to still be here! :o  So so sorry to see the car like that, but like Neil said there are lots of other Chargers! Hope you mend up quick and 100 %

69charger2002

here are a couple nice pics to remember it by:

wheel experiment:

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

elanmars

Hey Travis!! this happened on i-12 right outside of hammond, near robert. figured you'd see this eventually, it's such a huge bummer. even my daughter who just made two, when she first saw it was like "aw dadas car is broken...we fix it".

anyway-early morning of 9/11 around 3am or so this happened. was going back home from hanging out in hammond. clear night, dry, full moon. the last thing i remember is swerving to not hit an animal and i lightly hit the rear fender on driver's side (which already had a hit from last year) on a guard post. thankfully that wasn't a major hit, just enough to get the car spinning back onto the middle of the road but between the swerving/donuts, the battery flung out/got disconnected somehow and the car was stuck right in the middle of the road. i don't remember anything else after that point but from what i was told by the officer at the scene hours later when he visited me at the hospital to give me the police report...

someone saw what happened, stopped their car, put the emergency lights on and guided other cars around me. what i was doing at this point, not sure, i didn't think to ask the officer at the time (which was that same day at the hospital many many hours later and I wasn't in the best of shape to be asking/answering questions) or even who was it that stopped and helped, because the name wasn't on the police report. so i guess this was a matter of a few minutes.

so even though it's 3 am, it is a clear night, full moon, the white Charger which stands out and a car with emergency lights on, other cars going around me...except one car...a chevy dually. that hit me at full force (70+ mph) t-bone style and slammed the front of the car towards a guard rail/post. i guess at that point is where i must have hit the steering wheel (horn is not there, blood everywhere, sprayed against the windows, steering wheel, dried on the carpet/seats-friends that have seen the interior, some have gotten nauseous at the sight of not only the blood but broken glass everywhere and seeing how distorted and destroyed the interior is compared to how it originally was) and passed out or i don't know what. maybe i tried to get out of the car or did get out of it, as the driver's door is pretty much perfect but there's my bloody prints all over it on the outside.

the only things i remember before waking up at the hospital is being told i was about to be airlifted and answering a random question or two but i have no image memory of any of it.

all i know about the driver of the chevy dually is that he's young, he was with 2 younger girls. distracted. has the most minimum insurance. his ride is a total loss.

such a bummer about the Charger, longest one I've had and my favorite out of all of them...but glad I was in it and survived a big hit like that. the joke with some people is that i went against a train trying to do a dirty mary crazy larry, or was seeing how death proof the charger really was...

hell of a way to find out! but just like Kurt Russell said as stuntman mike, to get the benefit of it, you really gotta be in the driver's seat...

the car will rest at my friend's place full of mopars and for the next car will try to use whatever parts i can, depending on what i end up finding. since the engine/trans are good, ac can be re-used and some other little things here and there.

i lucked out big time with only minor fractures to the left of my face, already had one surgery for below my left eye and it went well-might need one more, not sure yet. had some brain bleeding at first but that went away that same first day at the hospital. eye sight is great, no missing teeth, broken bones. just all sore still, back hurts, gotta handle things a certain way or my hand hurts (specially the left one), takes a lot of juice to do minor things, walking like a zombie.

hope all is well with you Travis!

skip68

Any update?   :shruggy: We both wish the best for you! Skip68 & Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

694spdRT

Hope all is going well with your recovery. You are very fortunate, considering how bad that wreck was, to still be with us.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

elanmars

thank you 694spdRT!

skip68-not much to update, insurance companies fighting it out right now, I can't do much still due to the surgery but am WAY better than I was before. Haven't found another Charger yet but haven't been too aggressive about it.

Keep finding cars that are a little too much (440 rts/clones) or just not what i'm looking for (way too rusty), the bodies that look good and the price is just right, just been slow on the draw haha.

Budnicks

Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 29, 2011, 08:22:53 PM
here are a couple nice pics to remember it by:

wheel experiment:

:drool5: It was a beautiful car for sure,  :2thumbs: I like all the vintage Mopars on both of the hauler also...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

super77se

jesus chrysler man im glad you are ok , that looked pretty bad

model maker

What are they going to do to the driver of the dually ? I am happy you are alright & recover fully. I hope you are able to buy another charger that you don't have to start  ALL over  ON. iT FIQURES THAT THE IDIOTS WHO CAUSE ACCIDENTS are the ones who have THE LEAST INSURANCE. You were lucky to get out of that alive.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

elanmars

thanks guys.

right now the insurance companies are fighting it out-his insurance claims i was 100% at fault. i'm not sure if i can do anything at this point or if there's anything i can do.

model maker

I bet the other guys insurance co. is going to try & say your car is "to old" to be worth anything I hope grundy comes through for you. Why is the other ins.co. trying to say it is 100 % your fault ? their driver has NO fault ? :brickwall:
MODEL MAKER

elanmars

grundy totally came through for me-been looking for a car for a while, just haven't found the right one just yet.

and i'm guessing they're saying it's my fault so they don't have to pay for anything. the driver of the other car and the passengers walked away fairly okay in comparison to me-even though i didn't have anything too major, i still had brain bleeding that first day. i had to have surgery for my orbital plate below my eye. i couldn't move or do much for about 6-8 weeks-i still am not allowed to exercise, lift anything heavy or do too much. it blows.

mauve66

its called pain and suffering for a reason, cost of the car is only part of the payout they should be calculating :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment