News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nine eleven eleven Bar B- Q...

Started by Brock Samson, September 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:cheers:
Welp - we did pretty good! Nineteen folks showed up, Seven Chargers, Two members without chargers - one Via Bike & one by Truck..
We got two Flyovers by a pair of F-18s and Four F-16s... Two American flags were proudly Displayed
                                                              :patriot:
& it just happened to be Charger Dan's68s' 22nd Birthday.. (he might have been kiddin' about that.)  :scratchchin:

I managed to talk Joe into opening up the Deluxe Bathroom Accommodations.. 'n he got a plate out of the deal.. A group of Three Motorcycle clubs were slated to use the Pitt at Three PM - but since we were early and they were late - it all worked out just perfectly...
A TV producer came over from his production facility just on the other side of the parking lot and asked if we might be interested in having some of our cars in his Show (They Nearly Got Away) for $200 per day, So i got his card and plan to call,  :shruggy:
'n We had a lady come over who asked to have a listen to the big blocks and so three of us louder guys obliged her...       :whistling:
                                                               :no:

It was again great! and I'm hoping the photos/video the other members took are added shortly... Thanks ALL!

Budnicks

:drool5: Nice Chargers in that line up,   :2thumbs: was there any other cool Mopars at your private cruise/show ?
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Brock Samson

not unless you count my "cool" 300M used to transport the Food and two newer Ram 1500s...   :shruggy:

Budnicks

Yep they are Mopars too, maybe not the cool Mopars, but they count in my book...

Dans 68

Here is the start of a few pictures.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Johnny SixPack

Sweet! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Did you have the flag in Skunkenstein, Strato?
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Budnicks

Looks like a great place to have a picnic, great scenes of the city, I don't get down to the Bay area much any more...

Dans 68

Here is our BBQ pit/assembly area, with Steve B. and Dave working, and Steve S's and my rides.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

...and Steve B's, Greg's, Dave's and Marco's rides.

Dan

Brock Samson

Naw Johnny.. this time was more about hangin' out and eating and drinking - though we did fly two real flags.
My camera wasn't working at all this trip it was my GF Linda who took the above shots with her I-Phone, but it was really a lot of fun just have some face time with folks who over the last four years of these git togethers are feeling a lot closer.                                      :cheers:      

:2thumbs:

Johnny SixPack

Looks like you guys had a blast.  :yesnod:

I wish we could avocados that nice here in Tejas.  :drool5:

Our local meat market gets some nice ones, but good luck buyin' ones that nice at the grocery store. :shruggy:

Good lookin' buncha cars too.  :icon_smile_big:

BTW, what's up with Skunk's headlight doors.  :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Brock Samson

hadn't realized till i saw that Pic the doors were up..  :shruggy: It is a Lights On drive across the bridge so that's probably how that happened, and yeah those Cados are probably the best I've ever had...  :drool5:
One Word for Ya' Johnny..
"Carmalized Onions"...

Dans 68

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on September 12, 2011, 03:37:17 PM
I wish we could avocados that nice here in Tejas.  :drool5:

I have about 50 hanging on my tree in my backyard right now....  :icon_smile_big:

Here is Kim's '71 Hemi, with the manual choke, and a few of the group (the steak sandwiches were great!). Thanks to Dave for hosting this (he did most of the work). I'll post all the pics on Shutterfly and publish the link.

Dan

Johnny SixPack

Saw those, and roasted red peppers? :drool5:

Dan, the wife had one like that when her fam lived in Hawaii.  :yesnod:

I saved a pit out of the last good one we got from the meat market, and I'm gonna see how green a thumb I've got.  :2thumbs:

Wish I could been there for the festivities.

Bet the SF weather was nice too.
Johnny's Herd:

Brock Samson

Yup  ;D and Toasted Mushrooms and a Pesto/Alfredo spread. we had five kinds of bread, the Potato Salad and water mellon was Killer too!   :nana:
Those are sweet Pics! i want to see Marcos' Pics.. that lens on his camera looks like it would give the Hubble a run for the $!  :icon_smile_wink:

hemi68charger

Man,, looks like a very nice and comfortable gathering.............. Great scenery.............  :2thumbs:

Chargers look great, especially the '71.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dans 68

69rtse4spd

Good food, good friends, & good times had by all, thanks for posting.  :2thumbs:.

Bob T

Looks like a Top Day out , and killer sandwiches to boot  :icon_smile_big:
Good pics on the link Dan , cheers . Whats the story with the long wheel studs?
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Dans 68

Quote from: Bob T on September 12, 2011, 05:07:29 PM
...Whats the story with the long wheel studs?

You'll need to ask Marco that. He did put a Dana in.  :scratchchin:

Dan

tan top

good lot of pictures  !!  good day out

:yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dans 68

Here is a video of a civilian walking by, and asking is she could hear the exhaust notes of a real muscle car.  :icon_smile_wink:  She said it had been a while. A few of our members obliged her, with Dave going first, and then Steve B. and finally Greg, whose trunk lid got excited. This vid is unedited....  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKTyYy1WuM

Dan

Brock Samson

That was just about the time all the Cops showed up..  Classic!

Dans 68

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 12, 2011, 07:15:56 PM
That was just about the time all the Cops showed up..  Classic!

Yep!

ChgrSteve67

Damn Dan beat me too it

Anyways here are a few of mine.
Of couse I choose to not post the unflattering pictures I took of Dan.