News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Overwhelmed!

Started by Bobs69, February 21, 2011, 05:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Allright I got a new NOS fuel pump pushrod.  Found that the fuel line had kink in it(did I already mention this) up near the tank.  Boy, I'm excited to find that.  The car has not run right in years.  No one has been able to fix it.

I was just getting desperate and decided to start changing things.

Another thing.  When buying vector wheels on E BAY.  Who are the users to stay away from.  Anyone have any ebay usernames that are known scammers?

Bobs69

Another thing.  Anybody know the part number for the washers I need to mount my unilug vectors?  Thanks.  Were to get them, part number, come over and do it for me.  You know the usual routine.

Bobs69

Allright the washer thing has been answered by a member.

I have another question.  I'll have to check my manuals in the morning.  Couldn't find it from casually looking at the Charger shop cd/manual.  but to be sure................which way does the thermostate go in on a 440.  Anyone...............  pics?  I know it seams like a real simple question, that's what would make it even worse to screw up.

FLG

Its probably got a stampped 'top' on it somwhere but the longer side goes into the block...the 'point" goes up.

Bobs69

Thanks FlG I just called the store and they told me the opposite.  They said to set the small  end down.   Thankfully you guys are here, and I'm happy to hear I had the other one in properly last night.   You said the point sticks up when sitting in the pumps housing?  That's what I did, when I pulled the hose and retainer the long spring was out.

Will be back to post and check later!

Thanks again

Bobs69

So it sits in the block just the way it is sitting in this picture?

dstryr

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Bobs69

What is the name of the stuff.......you can use to spray brake calipers (and whatever else you want) to keep them from rusting.   Not high heat paint.   Some slick stuff that is clear and allows you to show the natural beauty of the metal and preserve it's brilliance. :eyes:

FLG

A clear coat spray will work, but chances are with the heat that calipers get to it would start to yellow. Imo id fin a high temp paint that most matches the natural look and use that.