News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Maximum runout

Started by Bobs69, September 09, 2011, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Looking at the manual for my Honda, but I'm sure it's usefull information for the Charger as well.

What is meant by Maximum Runout

Domino

Runout is usually the measure of out of roundness or how un"true" something turns.  The larger the runout the less "true" it is turning.
In machining, Total Indicated Runout (TIR) would be the difference between the max and min radial measurements as the object is rotated.  Doesn't matter how big the diameter, it just measures how much wobble there is as it turns around.

Bobs69

Ah thanks.  So that sounds like something that needs to be measured at the machine shop, not by the do it yourselfer.

69rtse4spd

Depends on what it is, if you know how to use a dial indicator, set of mics., or dial calipers you can do it at home. As long as you know what you are doing. 

Bobs69

Well I have a micrometer but not the other two.  Sounds like a Princess Auto tool.  (A tool I don't want to spend alot on because I'll only use it a few times?)