News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD Rear Window Glass Issue

Started by Bobby41909, July 13, 2011, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

If memory serves i think my factory glass had the same issue, seems to be a normal thing.

bill440rt

Original glass should not have this issue, at least I am sure of it on 2nd gens.
Newer replacement tempered glass will have this pattern. The back glass was a new replacement in my '70, does the same thing. My other two cars have original back glass, & do not have that pattern.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Patronus

I dont see any tinting on the newer cars, still wondering, will tinting hide these??
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

doctor4766

Quote from: Patronus on September 12, 2011, 03:28:30 PM
I dont see any tinting on the newer cars, still wondering, will tinting hide these??
Only marginally if anything at all.
When I park cars outside after I've tinted them, in the right light you can still often see the tempering marks in the rear screen. But I have found, the darker the film, the less you see them.
Gotta love a '69