News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Broken "Ring" on 92 Grand Voyager Fuel Tank???

Started by Troy, September 06, 2011, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

My friend has a 92 Grand Voyager and says the "ring" that holds the pump (assuming in tank pump/pickup here) has broken at one of the spot welds and was asking me if I knew a place that could weld it. Wouldn't it be simpler to buy a new one (assuming they aren't too expensive)? Is this one of those parts that you can only buy as an "assembly"?

Thanks,
Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Cooter

I can only Assume what he is referring to is the spot welded section of the top of the tank where the "Ring" is hammered back around like the sending unit on our cars is. If this IS the case, he'd be money ahead to buy a used tank provided he can find one. Welding on a fuel tank, bad idea.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Troy

She made it sound like it was separate. Apparently the pump was replaced and this piece did not come with it. I can't see it since I'm nowhere near the vehicle but I'll ask.

Troy

Troy

She got it fixed (for free even!). The tank is plastic. The part that broke is a metal ring that apparently "looks like a big hose clamp with a lip" that holds the pump assembly to the tank.

Troy