News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE TO BUY CALIBERS&ROTORS

Started by scott68rt, September 06, 2011, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott68rt

GUYS,  WHERE  CAN I BUY  68 BENDIX CALIBERS 4PISTON,  11.19  ROTORS,  LOOKED  HIGH&LOW? :shruggy:

Chryco Psycho

I have a friend with a good set of rebuilt calipers if you want them

bull

As far as I know they are still not being reproduced. Soooo, rebuild yours or find some cores to rebuild. Unless you want to do a retrofit.

hemi71x

Have you looked into Rock Auto yet?

I recently rebuilt a BENDIX disc brake set up that originally came off a 69 Hemi Charger, that got totaled back in the 1970's sometime, so i think i can help you out with parts sources here.
Rock Auto now has CENTRIC calipers for the 66-69 Bendix disc brake system. They ain't cheap by any means. About $400.00 each.
They also have rebuild kits available. In the $55.00 range.
As far as rotors go.
There are reproductions now available. They are manufactured by a company named Dura Brake.
They are a one piece rotor. Not like the originals, that were a two piece unit, rotor and hub assembly.
I don't know if Dura Brake sells direct to the public though.
Year One carries them, but if you buy from Year One, you pay big $$$$ for their stuff.
Do a search on the internet who might have rotors.
I didn't need rotors for the set up that i rebuilt. They were at original thickness, having been stored away for decades, so i didn't do any research on who else might have rotors.
Hope this might help you out.
Jim V.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany