News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 single piston kelsy hayes calipers

Started by 1970chargerrt, September 05, 2011, 07:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970chargerrt

I have the original 1970 single piston kelsy hayes calipers from my 70 Charger and I'm wondering if these are a dime a dozen or if they are anything special.  One started to leak recently.  The piston was pitted and the cylinder had just slight rust, I think it could be honed.  The local parts store only had complete calipers in stock and I wanted to get it back ont he raod that day so I got two new calipers since I figured the other side would start leaking soon too.  The originals are worth about $50 as cores.  They have a KH cast on them and look a little different than the parts store reman's.  I hate to throw away $50 if they are nothing special but I have no idea.  I doubt I would ever rebuild them since I have new ones on the car and it's not a show car but I do try to keep it as original as reasonably possible.

maxwellwedge

Anything original is worth keeping - try finding a decent correct pair for the core charge. I vote oil them up and stash the originals.   :2thumbs: