News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Camaro spoilers on '69 Chargers, who's got 'em? Please post pix......>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, September 05, 2011, 12:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

I'm thinking about adding one to my '69 but wanted so get some good views of it.

Also wondering if there's any tips to installing them onto a Charger.

IIRC someone here said that it's a direct bolt on, but wasn't sure how the braces fit on.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

69bronzeT5

My front valance is messed up and bent so I only have one bracket on and the two sides are held on with zap straps. From what I understand is all the brackets line up really well with existing holes in the valance.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: bull on September 05, 2011, 02:27:26 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69474.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26207.0.html

Thanks for the links.  :yesnod:

I'd seen those a while back, but was hopin' we've got some newer pix with some tech help too.

The spoilers are relatively cheap, and I like the look and idea behind it.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 05, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
here's one on my 68

Thanks, Alex.  :cheers:

How did the installation go?

And snags, SNAFUs?

How'd you place the braces?
Johnny's Herd:

Rolling_Thunder

no real problems. I only used the center brace (a real short one that came with the spoiler. Then I used the slotted oval holes in the valance to hold the exterior ends of the spoiler. I simply used large fender washers  and bolts / nuts. I plan on working out a better plan but overall I am extremely happy with it. It only really fits one way but I did not want to drill any holes for bolts. If you didn't car it would make life even easier as far as mounting goes.   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ChargerD100

never seen a charger with the spoiler around here I may have to do that  :2thumbs:
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Johnny SixPack

Thanks for the info, Alex.

Hope to have one ordered in the next couple months.

Wanna have it ready once the cooler temps hit down here round Hottown (Houston).
Johnny's Herd:

TexasStroker

I ordered mine and intended to do a write up on it, but Classic Industries wouldn't take the 20% off code online...I emailed them, lady apologized said for me to e-mail the order to her and she'd contact me for billing info...sent the part number and never heard back.  With waiting for another part (still) to get the front end lined out, I just said screw it and figured I'd wait for their next 20% off and order it then, lol.  If I beat you to it I'll do my best to map out the exact hardware and lots of pics etc.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: TexasStroker on September 06, 2011, 12:42:28 AM
I ordered mine and intended to do a write up on it, but Classic Industries wouldn't take the 20% off code online...I emailed them, lady apologized said for me to e-mail the order to her and she'd contact me for billing info...sent the part number and never heard back.  With waiting for another part (still) to get the front end lined out, I just said screw it and figured I'd wait for their next 20% off and order it then, lol.  If I beat you to it I'll do my best to map out the exact hardware and lots of pics etc.

Yeah, it'll be at least a couple months, as money's tight right now.

What's the cost through them for the spoiler?

Does it come with the brackets and mounting hardware?

If I end up with one first, I'll do the same with the pix.  :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

TexasStroker

Awesome, if you beat me too it I'll be sure to make use of it.

I want to say $39.99 and maybe an extra $10 for the "hardware," I believe that is the regular price and doesn't reflect the discount.  This is typical brand-x stuff, easy to come by and cheap...very unusual to deal with for Mopar folks, lol.  I wouldn't think you'd be out $40-50 with shipping factored in for the whole set-up.  I'd pull it up, but feel like that is close enough for now.  As soon as XV gets their lower rad braces in stock (current batch has flawed bends) I'll dive head first into that, the front valance, and spoiler...I've been waiting since March now for it to all ine up  :-\
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

chargermike

i feel lucky. i have a front spoiler that is made for a charger. fits side to side and forms around the turn signals. the camero spoiler just looks small. but better than nothing. i have a 70 500

DC_1

Quote from: chargermike on September 06, 2011, 06:18:58 AM
i feel lucky. i have a front spoiler that is made for a charger. fits side to side and forms around the turn signals. the camero spoiler just looks small. but better than nothing. i have a 70 500

Pics?

Charger_Dart

I added one to my 68 this year and like the way it looks on the car. I have a large front sway bar and it hides it nicely.
The install was easy and required no drilling into the valance so I can remove it anytime.   

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Hemidog on September 06, 2011, 07:08:59 AM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78187.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71295.0.html

Thanks for the links.

Quote from: Charger_Dart on September 06, 2011, 08:37:54 AM
I added one to my 68 this year and like the way it looks on the car. I have a large front sway bar and it hides it nicely.
The install was easy and required no drilling into the valance so I can remove it anytime.   

Looks good! :2thumbs:

Definitely gonna go that way. :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:

terrible one

Quote from: chargermike on September 06, 2011, 06:18:58 AM

That's so cool! Please post pictures. I remember an old Mopar Performance ad that offered them/ showed one on a '69 Charger I believe. Is yours vintage? I've never seen a "real" one aside from the ad I mentioned.

barefootmat

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 05, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
here's one on my 68

oh my god, where did you get those h.i.d.s? or did you make them yourself? how did you install them? please?

sorry if this sounds like gibberish.

Budnicks

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on September 05, 2011, 12:16:52 PM
I'm thinking about adding one to my '69 but wanted so get some good views of it.

Also wondering if there's any tips to installing them onto a Charger.

IIRC someone here said that it's a direct bolt on, but wasn't sure how the braces fit on.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
I was thinking of getting a spoiler for my 68 RR, from this guy, I saw them on another forum...  I think someone recommended them to me, I don't really remember which forum it was or who it was recommending them though... I haven't purchased it yet (no extra cash at the present time), I believe he makes them specifically for 68-69 RR's & 68-70 Charger's "If I remember correctly"...   www.spoilersbyrandy.com
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Tom Q

1970 Charger R/T set up to fly

$39.00 '69 Camero spoiler
It's a direct bolt on, no hole drilling required, will break away upon large impact.  I will post install pics when I have the car in the shop

That blue armco barrier color means the car is running Watkins Glen International Racetrack...Thunder Road.
Banzai!!!

67Charger440

Anyone have a pic of how it is mounted?  I am in the process of trying to work out a front spoiler/air dam/splitter setup to get some of the air out from under the car for Silver State...

v21hemicharger

Quote from: 67Charger440 on December 06, 2011, 04:06:07 AM
Anyone have a pic of how it is mounted?  I am in the process of trying to work out a front spoiler/air dam/splitter setup to get some of the air out from under the car for Silver State...

I have one I made, more function vs looks.  Haven't got around to redesigning for looks yet.  Let me know if it's something you would consider.  Mike

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78781.msg885686.html#msg885686

elacruze

ok '68.

Don't mind the battle scars.

Didn't crawl under for mounting pics, but I simply drilled 4 holes in the spoiler and used fender washers to bolt it up to the valence. I didn't make any mods to the car, and I didn't have time to fashion any braces-since it made the whole Power Tour and about 6k miles so far without them, I haven't bothered. I did run her up to maybe 120mph once too, and it didn't blow off...
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

67Charger440

Geez, the audience was not kind on your last version, even though it was likely far more effective.  Unfortunately for me, that will only work on the 68+ bodies, not my '67.  I don't have any sort of filler to mount it to.  I'll probably stash this away for when my '68 makes it this far along. 

Thank you!