News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something just froze over....

Started by bakerhillpins, September 03, 2011, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Looks GREAT!!!  :cheers:

a second for the DB tires  :2thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

Just found dbtires.com site...   Found this inside the online catalog on page 10.

QuoteWarning-Muscle cars still using bias ply tires should be driven with caution.

Just saying....  yeah... they're like $220ish each.   :shruggy:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

resq302

Liking the pics with the reflection of the American flag on the car!   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Tilar

Quote from: resq302 on September 11, 2011, 12:53:25 PM
Liking the pics with the reflection of the American flag on the car!   :2thumbs:

:iagree:  She looks good! I wouldn't be in any hurry changing the color.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 11, 2011, 12:47:27 PM
Just found dbtires.com site...   Found this inside the online catalog on page 10.

QuoteWarning-Muscle cars still using bias ply tires should be driven with caution.

I never knew you had a choice.  ;)

Charger-Bodie

You dont suppose thats a tool to try to get people to buy there radial tires do ya??

I have NEW Bias tires and I love them. They look the part and they drive great. Best part is that they have better traction than the run of the mill radials such as BFG Ta's
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bakerhillpins

Guys,

I have gone a bit nuts with the flag today.. Hope you enjoy.  :2thumbs:

I am!!!!!!!!!!  :popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

:drool5:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 11, 2011, 02:17:49 PM

You dont suppose thats a tool to try to get people to buy there radial tires do ya??

I have NEW Bias tires and I love them. They look the part and they drive great. Best part is that they have better traction than the run of the mill radials such as BFG Ta's

Do they search around the road? The ones on my charger seem to track into any cracks/depressions in the road. Do yours do this. Someone mentioned that's the nature of the bias ply tire.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

resq302

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 11, 2011, 02:46:22 PM

Do they search around the road? The ones on my charger seem to track into any cracks/depressions in the road. Do yours do this. Someone mentioned that's the nature of the bias ply tire.

Yup, that they do!   :yesnod:  Scared the crap outta me the first time it happened.  Thought something broke and the car was steering itself.  Well.. it kinda was.  Bias ply tires are great for concours shows, looking at, and going in straight lines.  Aside from that, they handle like crap around curves, horrible on braking, and find each and every rut, crack, and depression in the road and pull the car towards that direction whether you like it or not.  That is the whole reason why I have two sets of rims and tires for my charger.  One for radials for driving around and one set with the repro bias plys for the strict concours type shows.  Usually when the bias plys are on, the car is being trailed to the show also, unless it is very close by.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

I must have better front suspensions in the cars I build or something cause My cars drive great with bias tires. My googyear poly glass are the best of the ones I have but the New firestones work fine too. Radials do not work enough better to me. Not to be worth loosing that killer looks of the Bias tires. Mine dont follow cracks etc. The biggest problem most peaple have today when they do try repop bias is that they run way too much pressure.....

Whatever. I just cant see how so many people can dislike them when to me they just work great....

The newer rubber compound combined with the bias design makes for a dang good tire IMO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

resq302

I generally run between 28 and 30 on the tires in the bias plys.  Per the tire sticker on the door jamb  :2thumbs:  So I know its not an over inflation issue.  Funny thing is that the two other antique cars we own do the same thing.  I notice it more so in the el camino as they are a wider tire.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  Those tires are Goodyear G70-14 polyglass vs. the Firestone Wide oval F70-14's on our mopars. :shruggy:
Brian

NHCharger

Very cool pics.

Check out this link, shows you where the date codes are your tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Just 6T9 CHGR

Got my radial redlines from Diamond Back Classics back in '02
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Great looking ride that you picked up. Always loved the Q5 cars.

Looks from the photo's that your passenger front tire is wearing a little on the inside too. Or is that the one that your needing to replace? I prefer the poly tires too so your not alone there Brian. But that is because I like the original look on things.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on September 11, 2011, 07:03:04 PM
Very cool pics.

Check out this link, shows you where the date codes are your tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

There doesn't seem to be any date info on the tires (of the format described at the link provided). Ill have to check the other side of the tires tomorrow. These tires must be pretty old or have some sort of exemption?

Quote from: 69_500 on September 11, 2011, 08:30:56 PM
Great looking ride that you picked up. Always loved the Q5 cars.

Looks from the photo's that your passenger front tire is wearing a little on the inside too. Or is that the one that your needing to replace? I prefer the poly tires too so your not alone there Brian. But that is because I like the original look on things.

Yea, I noticed that when I was taking pics today. It obviously needs aligned.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

BrianShaughnessy

Just found dbtires.com site...   Found this inside the online catalog on page 10.

Just saying....  yeah... they're like $220ish each.   :shruggy:

Whatever.  

Hey...  some people still love front drum brakes and ignition breaker points.      ::)        Some of us are old enough to have driven on bias plies with drum brakes and points and managed to survive but not gonna go back there.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

tan top

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 11, 2011, 02:37:36 PM
Guys,

I have gone a bit nuts with the flag today.. Hope you enjoy.  :2thumbs:

I am!!!!!!!!!!  :popcrn:

awesome pictures !
liking picture 6  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

I noticed you changed your signature line to include the Charger... It's about time!! LOL.  :icon_smile_wink:

bakerhillpins

Well, I crawled under the Charger and found the tire identification number:

CYU4 F4GE175

According to the previous link I figure that the tires were produced before 2000 => 17th week of the year, 5th year of the decade. Apparently the decade isn't identified though. So it would seem that the youngest these tires could be are 95. Seems like a good time for a change.  :P

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 11, 2011, 11:57:06 AM
Bryan, I got my white-stripe radial tires from dbtires.com .... they also sell red-lines.

Like Shaughnessy said, they're not gonna be cheap. :eek2:

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 11, 2011, 07:33:50 PM
Got my radial redlines from Diamond Back Classics back in '02

What size rims do you have and what size tire did you guys get?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 12, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
I noticed you changed your signature line to include the Charger... It's about time!! LOL.  :icon_smile_wink:

I actually forgot to change that until Sunday, one whole week after I got it home. Changing that line of text was a wonderful feeling!  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

70 Charger RT

Bet you can't take that smile off your face! :cheers:
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on September 13, 2011, 04:42:02 PM
Bet you can't take that smile off your face! :cheers:

After taking it out for its first cruse my face hurt the next morning from smiling so much.  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

69rtse4spd

:2thumbs:, you will love Q5, black top & interior, got one myself.