News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something just froze over....

Started by bakerhillpins, September 03, 2011, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on September 05, 2011, 09:09:26 AM
Bryan,so you're going to restore the car back to as fender tag???? Good choice,I don't care for the combo it is now  ::) .
Ha.  Yeah right. :hah:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 05, 2011, 10:00:11 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on September 05, 2011, 09:09:26 AM
Bryan,so you're going to restore the car back to as fender tag???? Good choice,I don't care for the combo it is now  ::) .
Ha.  Yeah right. :hah:

Everyone's a smart a$$.    :rofl:

I wonder if he would trade for the B5 car since he no like blue???  :D
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 05, 2011, 09:44:31 AM
Wondering if I should get personalized plates??

How about "YUMFSLS" ? 

:ahum: :ahum:    :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Y  U  Mutha F'r  still trying to figure out what SLS stands for.    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

YUM FoSsiLS.

Guess that tells me that I should try something else.  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 05, 2011, 01:16:01 PM
YUM FoSsiLS.

Guess that tells me that I should try something else.  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

Yes please do :slap:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bob T

Good score Bakerhillpins , well done, its looks like Christmas came early this year , real nice looking 69.
2year wait, whew-  I'm struggling with 8 months so far , not for much longer though  :whistling:

Congrats  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Bob T on September 05, 2011, 01:21:55 PM
Good score Bakerhillpins , well done, its looks like Christmas came early this year , real nice looking 69.
2year wait, whew-  I'm struggling with 8 months so far , not for much longer though  :whistling:

Congrats  :cheers:

I've been off and on looking, for over 20 years - buying and selling stuff, in between... Maybe a keeper will come along  :popcrn:

FWIW, I'd leave it black if possible - looks nice in pics - how does she look in person  :shruggy:

resq302

Bryan,

Why not use Fynaly!  as in Finally!    :lol:  or Bknblu  for Black n Blue
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

You hit the Charger lottery!  :cheers:  HAPPY FOR YA BUDDY!  :2thumbs:

NHCharger

Got a present for your new Charger. I've got a stash of old license plates. I'll give you the 1969 plate. The 68 will go on my 68 when I get it on the road. It will be cool to park at a show with them side by side. I've been running old plates on the fronts of my 71 & 72 for a while. Haven't got stopped yet. If I do I'll just claim i forgot to take it off after the last car show, I keep the real front plate in the trunk.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 05, 2011, 01:19:57 PM
YUM FoSsiLS.

Guess that tells me that I should try something else.  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

;)

:slap: :slap:
That's what that ment?  WTH?
How about WILBQ5
Or WILLBQ5

Then after it's Q5 you can change the plate to

WASBLK    :smilielol:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 05, 2011, 06:15:27 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 05, 2011, 01:19:57 PM
YUM FoSsiLS.

Guess that tells me that I should try something else.  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

;)

:slap: :slap:
That's what that ment?  WTH?
How about WILBQ5
Or WILLBQ5

Then after it's Q5 you can change the plate to

WASBLK    :smilielol:

:rofl:  Yea, I never said I was any good at this stuff.  :eek2:   I was thinking it would be nice to do a plate other than 69 RT.. I guess I need to check out that choose my plate thread.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on September 05, 2011, 04:01:20 PM
Got a present for your new Charger. I've got a stash of old license plates. I'll give you the 1969 plate. The 68 will go on my 68 when I get it on the road. It will be cool to park at a show with them side by side. I've been running old plates on the fronts of my 71 & 72 for a while. Haven't got stopped yet. If I do I'll just claim i forgot to take it off after the last car show, I keep the real front plate in the trunk.

That is seriously cool, Thanks.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Where do you find those things anyhow?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

All

Sorry for the delay on updating with pics. It has been a busy week. Car was in the shop for maintenance and I was one of the planning members of a mini motorcycle gathering here in town so I was busy Thursday, all day Friday, and yesterday with that. They all loved the Charger though.  :2thumbs: And who wouldn't?   :smilielol:

Got out for a few cruses in the Charger (more on that in a bit) and found out you can smile so long and big your face hurts for a day.  :P This thing is seriously cool  :coolgleamA: and I am using just about any excuse I can find to get it out on the road.  :yesnod:  All the  :2thumbs: and honks make it even more exciting. Woot! With 3.93s (so I am told) in the rear end I am cruising at 60 at about 3200 rpm (assuming the speedo and tach are even remotely close). Regardless, I can basically watch the gas gauge drop.  :eek2: :lol: I completely understand the whole "I can pass everything but a gas station" phrase now.

Got the car back from having a bunch of maintenance done as I am too busy with other things and seems that all is in decent shape. Looked at the bottom end of the motor and it looks nice and fresh and there wasn't a bunch of shavings in the pan so that makes me feel good.  There are plenty of little details to deal with though. I fiddled with the dashboard/dome light adjuster and that managed to knock out my dash lights.  :brickwall: the console is probably in worse shape that I thought but those are re-popped so that will be in the future.

Oh, also made use of my Towing insurance last night. Not bad for only having it for a week.  :P  Car didn't die but looks like I am going to have to pitch the bias plys that are on there. The front passenger side sidewall de-laminated. It's a good thing one of the guys I was hanging out with pointed that out to me as I probably wouldn't have noticed and would have ended up with a blow out.  :eek2: So I got it flat bedded home last night at 10. Fun talking with the driver about Mopes though.

Anyhow on to some pics. Ill start with the wonderful tire.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

:drool5:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

A few folks asked be about the bias plys. The tires are FireStone Sup-r-belt G70-15.  If you guys have any other questions of want me to get other info just let me now and I will be glad to help.

Anyone know where I can find the date of manufacture on these tires and how to decode it?  I would like to know how old these suckers are cuz they sure aren't cheap and if they are all really old I will need to move on.  :eek2:

Here are a couple shots of the driver rear:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

TeeWJay426

Just saw this thread, Bryan..... CONGRATS! Your patience paid off in a big way- she's a beauty! And while the black is nice, the Q5 should be even nicer, when you get to that point. Nice score!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

TUFCAT

LOVE THE GRAND OL' FLAG REFECTION!!!  :2thumbs:

Especially today 9-11-2011.....way to show patriotism!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

charge69

That certainly is a pretty Charger and I don't think I would get in any hurry going back to the original color.

I just don't know about the date code on the tires but the redlines do look great on a black Charger. They have gotten expensive though, when you can find them in 15" bias-ply design (well over $200.00 a tire) . You are probably better off putting some more modern rubber on it if you are going to drive it much!

BrianShaughnessy

:2thumbs:      Looks great!   Congrats on finding the best of the best  :coolgleamA:

Put those bias plies in the back corner of the garage and find some new stuff so you can enjoy the ride.   I wouldn't put my family on 4 old turds just for the sake of looking original.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TUFCAT

Bryan, I got my white-stripe radial tires from dbtires.com .... they also sell red-lines.

Like Shaughnessy said, they're not gonna be cheap. :eek2:

bakerhillpins

I have a few more reflection photos.. and yes, that was for 9-11.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 11, 2011, 11:51:19 AM
:2thumbs:      Looks great!   Congrats on finding the best of the best  :coolgleamA:

Put those bias plies in the back corner of the garage and find some new stuff so you can enjoy the ride.   I wouldn't put my family on 4 old turds just for the sake of looking original.  :Twocents:

Getting the bias plys off is going to happen. I was hoping to wait till next year to do that though since the cash has been flowing a bit hard this past summer.  :eek2:

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 11, 2011, 11:57:06 AM
Bryan, I got my white-stripe radial tires from dbtires.com .... they also sell red-lines.

Like Shaughnessy said, they're not gonna be cheap. :eek2:

Ill check into dbtires and then see what limb I will have to sell.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire