News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

show off your custom work!!!!!!!

Started by zombie_holocost, August 31, 2011, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Kenny,

I have seen many pics of that car and this is the first time that I have noticed that the rear bumper is basically molded rite into the body, I think that looks way better than factory. I also love the fact you used the older style door handles. That car is beautiful. If I could sum it up in one word, Sinister! Awesome job. I really like all of your cars. Whats your next project?

The more I look at it, the more I see. I love the shifter and how you integrated a modern rear view mirror in there. That car looks like a million bucks.

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

68 Bullitt Charger

Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Iron Chef

Thanks for the response Kenny.  Really nice to see someone like yourself who is so down to earth.  :cheers:

I'm from Fort Worth, TX and I'm looking forward to your show at Billy Bob's in April.  :2thumbs:
Most of your life should be "off the record."

motorcitydak

Hey guys, its been a long time since I last posted on this site. I took a pretty radical approach to how Im building my '68 and I was not sure how it would be received by you guys. Im still working on this car all the time and hope to have it back on the ground very soon. Here are a few pics of the front end. The car is going to be all wheel drive, 5.7 Hemi is going to be mounted behind the center shaft of the front drive setup. I have a Viper T56 6 speed trans and will be adapting that to an all wheel drive transfer case that I also have. If you guys would like to see more, I can dig up my build thread on this site and post up a ton of pictures. I built a pushrod suspension for the front end, the coil overs will be mounted in the engine bay. Im currently working on the steering system

96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Musicman

I for one would like to see more  :2thumbs:

mauve66

AWD is really cool to have, sounds like a helll of a project though
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

motorcitydak

Yeah, it will be really cool when its all done. It just takes a long time and more planning. It has taken me over a year to get to this point just with the front end
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

terrible one

Quote from: motorcitydak on March 13, 2012, 09:03:00 PM
Yeah, it will be really cool when its all done. It just takes a long time and more planning. It has taken me over a year to get to this point just with the front end

Amazing work, ready to see your progress, should be very impressive when done

JB400

There's some pretty nice work on this thread. :drool5:  Anybody have any more to share?

motorcitydak

I used parts from 3 or 4 different applications of a T-56 to finally make a 4wd T-56 6 speed to mate to my transfer case

I got these 3 different input shafts for my NV 147 transfer case. The huge one on the right I ended up using is 32 spline

Cut out the floor to let it fit

picked up a different front diff that has a larger ring gear (7.25 vs the 6 inch from the Cadillac) and also aftermarket gearing options. I just recently got the diff back and now it is stuffed with a 4.56 gear!

and also made this setup for the coilover mounts and also a sway bar

For the rear too

'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Cooter

I fill up about five pages in this thread alone with all my junk I be doin. But..........
Custom made Dana 60 pinion snubber for my coverted "truck" rear...

Custom made side trim pieces I repro for 1957-58 Plymouth Fury's.

Custom made Thrust "button" for Dana 60 "truck" rear I converted.

Custom narrowed "truck" Dana 60 I did for two Of my cars.

Custom made Seat covers/interior I made for "Christine"...

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hemi-hampton

72 Charger Bengal Hood.  LEON.

redmist

Made an adapter to make a Jeep wrangler 4.0 CPS (Cam Position sensor) drop right into the the factory distributor hole, and engage the drive for the oil pump.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Budnicks

Quote from: KWS on February 25, 2012, 10:35:58 PM
Lots of subtle and not so subtle mods to this one.

:2thumbs: KWS/Kenny wow that's a great looken' gorgeous stunning car  :cheers:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: redmist on May 09, 2013, 04:07:28 PM
Made an adapter to make a Jeep wrangler 4.0 CPS (Cam Position sensor) drop right into the the factory distributor hole, and engage the drive for the oil pump.

redmist WOW you do some extremely nice clean looken' work
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

Just bought tickets to go see KWS next month here in KC at knuckleheads saloon
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

now thats a scary avatar, you sure that tire is rated that high??

looks like the jacket rating has been exceeded.....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

JB400

Quote from: mauve66 on May 11, 2013, 02:31:30 PM
now thats a scary avatar, you sure that tire is rated that high??

looks like the jacket rating has been exceeded.....................
I think this jacket would be more appropriate

I have one, very nice except it's dry clean only.  Buttons instead of zippers, so it'll last a while. :2thumbs:

mauve66

those from the dealer?? never seen one beofre, of course its pretty rare to need a jacket here in Vegas though, i haven't worn my Sterling Marlin Dodge jacket more than 3 times in the past 12 years or so
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

JB400

Not from a Dodge dealer, no.  This is where I got mine.

http://www.shop2wear.com/product.asp?idProduct=988

One note though, I sent payment by mail.  A month after I sent the payment, I got an email asking for payment.  I replied that I sent the payment and told them to check the mailbox.  Next day I got another email saying the jackets' on the way.  A week later, I got it.  Very pleased with it.  Considering ordering another just as a spare :2thumbs:  I've gotten quite a few compliments on it.

polywideblock

very cool jacket  :2thumbs:                  can't seem to find the R/T logo but

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

R/T logo is on the back at the very bottom.  Don't feel bad, it took me a while to find it as well even after getting it in person.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on May 11, 2013, 04:50:22 PM
very cool jacket  :2thumbs:                  can't seem to find the R/T logo but

Very cool indeed.   :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 11, 2013, 02:46:05 PM
Not from a Dodge dealer, no.  This is where I got mine.

One note though, I sent payment by mail.  A month after I sent the payment, I got an email asking for payment.  I replied that I sent the payment and told them to check the mailbox.  Next day I got another email saying the jackets' on the way.  A week later, I got it.  Very pleased with it.  Considering ordering another just as a spare :2thumbs:  I've gotten quite a few compliments on it.

That is one good looking jacket.  :2thumbs:    Is it wool? (you say it's dry clean only).

Fred

Quote from: Fred on May 12, 2013, 02:26:17 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 11, 2013, 02:46:05 PM
Not from a Dodge dealer, no.  This is where I got mine.

One note though, I sent payment by mail.  A month after I sent the payment, I got an email asking for payment.  I replied that I sent the payment and told them to check the mailbox.  Next day I got another email saying the jackets' on the way.  A week later, I got it.  Very pleased with it.  Considering ordering another just as a spare :2thumbs:  I've gotten quite a few compliments on it.

That is one good looking jacket.  :2thumbs:    Is it wool? (you say it's dry clean only).

I just checked it out, I see it's cotton.  Is it heavy?