News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

show off your custom work!!!!!!!

Started by zombie_holocost, August 31, 2011, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arigmaster

Even though I don't have it anymore, I thought I'd chime in on this one because it is "my work"

Hood is all metal and only the scoop is fiberglass. Also has a metal guard screen inside the front intake openings. Did the paint too. Just added the Daytona Wing on the back end.

oldcarnut

Thought I'd add my ashtray conversion to drink holders here in the custom work also now that I'm done. Here's the build if anyone wants to make their own. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88417.0.html

bakerhillpins

That's a great cup holder you put together there!   :2thumbs:  Will see how it goes this year but having to leave the bottle of soda between the legs oddly enough lends to the nostalgia of the good old days.  :lol:  I suppose that will abruptly end the first time I spill something all over myself.  :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

HOTROD

Man I like the cup holder idea ! That's my next project! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
What the Hell-Dumass !

Stretch

That cup holder is awesome! Patant that and market it! That is a winner! Nice work! :coolgleamA:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

KWS

Lots of subtle and not so subtle mods to this one.

mrsskip68

69 OUR/TEA

Nice and subtle is right!!! Smoothed side marker lights,and 2nd gen door handles,but alot of craftsmanship on tail end.Nice ride!!!! :2thumbs:

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

KWS

Actually, I designed the entire car. Every modification, part, material, and component was my doing. Everything right down to looking up part numbers in catalogs ordering the parts and inventorying them. I was the manager of the build throughout the entire process. I also helped with a lot of the tear down and assembly, but paint and body work is beyond my capability. So to answer your question yes, I did it all, but not all by myself.

skip68

Nice!  You left your guitar in the back seat Kenny.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

studio57

Quote from: KWS on February 25, 2012, 10:35:58 PM
Lots of subtle and not so subtle mods to this one.

wow !! nice car and nice wheels...  strato looks fantastic as well :)
572 Aluminum Hemi + 6speed autom. 1968 Charger XV-motorsports Level II suspension.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Darkman

Very nice  :drool5:

What seats are those! I'm thinking they would sit nicely in my 68  :yesnod:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Bob T

Check out the Shifter, that means business  :yesnod: 
Pretty Impressive car, some stats if you could please KWS, Thanks

I have the Getaway II pinball machine, where the Voice commands you to ''Shift Gear" , I expect a Black car that looks as mean as this to have that sort of Vocal Prompt  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bill440rt

LOVE the car KWS... AND your choice of wheels!!!    :icon_smile_big: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nvrbdn

KWS that car is absolutely amazing. flawless. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargermike

boy i sure do like that 68 with the wing.....i want to do that on my 70. beautiful car :drool5:

nvrbdn

no joke. isnt that burnout pic sweet. it looks so mean there. a great pic :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Iron Chef

Quote from: Darkman on February 26, 2012, 04:14:29 AM

I agree!  Kenny...where did those seats come from?  I assume they had to fab some brackets to mount them, correct?  I have a '71 that I'm doing along those same lines and I'd love to put some electric, heated seats in mine.
Most of your life should be "off the record."

Musicman

I was thinking the seats may have come out of one of the new Chally's.... very similar anyway. :scratchchin:

E5 Charger

Kenny, the stance of your car is perfect. Can you tell us more about the size of wheels and what you've done to the suspension?

Patronus

"I did it all, but not all by myself."
Well said  :2thumbs:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

KWS

Quote from: Iron Chef on February 26, 2012, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: Darkman on February 26, 2012, 04:14:29 AM

I agree!  Kenny...where did those seats come from?  I assume they had to fab some brackets to mount them, correct?  I have a '71 that I'm doing along those same lines and I'd love to put some electric, heated seats in mine.

The seats are from a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible. I liked the fact that the seatbelt was integrated into the seat, so no more 1972 lap belt. We used the stock rear seat and added a little more foam and covered the rear to match the pattern of the front Sebring seats. We fabbed up a couple of brackets to mount them, but it was really easy. We just had to accommodate for the difference in height between the floorpan and the mounting holes in the tracks the seats ride on.

KWS

Quote from: E5 Charger on February 26, 2012, 03:48:00 PM
Kenny, the stance of your car is perfect. Can you tell us more about the size of wheels and what you've done to the suspension?

Thanks!

I'm running Foose "Challenger" wheels. 19x12 rear running 335's and 18x9 front running 295's. The suspension is RMS Alterkation front end with QA1 adjustable coil overs and big 6-piston Wilwood brakes. The rear is a RMS 4-link with QA1 adjustable coil overs as well. You can adjust the ride height on the shocks.