News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hi and....

Started by dodgeonmymind, August 30, 2011, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeonmymind

HEAVY sigh,
I'm a newbie to American cars and I just purchased a MINT 2007 Charger with 50k. I've owned it for TWO weeks and last night coming out of 24hr fitness it wouldn't come out of park. Unbelievable really. My FIRST American owned car. Not off to a good start here folks. I see that this is a common problem. While stuck there at 24hr the tow truck came and had a black gentleman come over and say "stuck in park?" I turned and said how did you know? He said " I had mine get stuck in a drive thru couple weeks ago!" He turned to leave in his Very nice R/T. Then the tow truck driver said the same thing. "I tow couple of these a week. Magnums, chargers, " I forgot what other one he mentioned. Unbelievable. So now it's back at the dealership and I hope they fix this as I was given a 2yr 100k warranty.

So without to much drama. A toast to American engineering. I look forward to future discussion.

Brock Samson

Welcome but you'll get more Info. and sympathy on one of the LX sites or Allpar.com..

Budnicks

welcome to the Dodge Charger forum..
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

twodko

Sorry to hear your sedan's problem. It'll be something simple and cheap I hope. FYI this forum is geared to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Chargers.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Tilar

Quote from: twodko on August 30, 2011, 02:22:20 PM
Sorry to hear your sedan's problem. It'll be something simple and cheap I hope. FYI this forum is geared to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Chargers.

And i've never heard of that problem with one of the above mentioned Chargers.   :D
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dodgeonmymind

Save the sympathy for the Pope. My apologies for posting in the wrong area. Wrong forum!
But good news should be posted as well as rants and give credit to those that deserve it. Nissan/Mazda of Elk grove called and the service manager stated that they have taken care of the bill and the car would be ready at the end of closing. How cool is that? Don't run into that often. So off to get my Dodge! Woot woot.
Anyhow take care all!

Cooter

This is why I refuse to own a newer Mercedes/ERR Dodge Charger...Too much of this BS electronic crap on 'em...Sorry you had to find out that these electronic newer cars are a pita...Maybe trying a 1969 Charger next time might give you a better experience...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lisiecki1

Quote from: Cooter on August 30, 2011, 05:47:30 PM
This is why I refuse to own a newer Mercedes/ERR Dodge Charger...Too much of this BS electronic crap on 'em...Sorry you had to find out that these electronic newer cars are a pita...Maybe trying a 1969 Charger next time might give you a better experience...

It'll definately put a bigger smile on your face. :icon_smile_big:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: dodgeonmymind on August 30, 2011, 12:21:42 PM
HEAVY sigh,
I'm a newbie to American cars and I just purchased a MINT 2007 Charger with 50k. I've owned it for TWO weeks and last night coming out of 24hr fitness it wouldn't come out of park. Unbelievable really. My FIRST American owned car. Not off to a good start here folks. I see that this is a common problem. While stuck there at 24hr the tow truck came and had a black gentleman come over and say "stuck in park?" I turned and said how did you know? He said " I had mine get stuck in a drive thru couple weeks ago!" He turned to leave in his Very nice R/T. Then the tow truck driver said the same thing. "I tow couple of these a week. Magnums, chargers, " I forgot what other one he mentioned. Unbelievable. So now it's back at the dealership and I hope they fix this as I was given a 2yr 100k warranty.

So without to much drama. A toast to American engineering. I look forward to future discussion.

I see the "Pink Thingy" strikes again. It's a cheap piece of plastic in the shifter assembly that tends to break - a fairly common issue with 2005-2007 LXs (they fixed it on 08s-up). It's a cheap and easy fix, but it never breaks while it's conveniently parked in your driveway or garage, so you're often left stranded somewhere and have to get it towed, etc...which is what really makes it a PITA.

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/f90/cant-shift-out-park-into-gear-pink-thingy-replacement-234335/

Head on over to LXForums (im on there as well) and do some digging. There are several threads explaining the problem and how to fix it. There is also a vendor that makes a Billet piece that will NOT break.

with that said, welcome to the forum. Stick around...even if you don't own a classic charger, maybe the bug will bite you after spending some time here.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

twodko

Quote from: dodgeonmymind on August 30, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
Save the sympathy for the Pope. My apologies for posting in the wrong area. Wrong forum!
But good news should be posted as well as rants and give credit to those that deserve it. Nissan/Mazda of Elk grove called and the service manager stated that they have taken care of the bill and the car would be ready at the end of closing. How cool is that? Don't run into that often. So off to get my Dodge! Woot woot.
Anyhow take care all!

No apologies necessary, if some one this forum can help they surely will. That's great news and NO cash outta pocket! Motor on bro.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

dodgeonmymind

Pinch, Thank you for the link. That will prove invaluable down the road. I made a printout and stuck it in the glove compartment.
Twodko I will indeed "motor on" to the LX forums if...I..can..get..the..car..into..gear :icon_smile_big:
and one day I may own a 69 Charger. :2thumbs: Sigh, one day.
Cheers!
DoBu.

doctor4766

Yep nice work Pinch  :rofl:

dodgeonmymind I'm glad they fixed it for ya and for free too!
You might wait a little while before you take a spin in an older Charger though. They're very addictive and you might find yourself wanting one!! At least wait til you've clocked up a few k's on the newie so you get your money's worth. 

Gotta love a '69

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 30, 2011, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: dodgeonmymind on August 30, 2011, 12:21:42 PM
HEAVY sigh,

I see the "Pink Thingy" strikes again. It's a cheap piece of plastic in the shifter assembly that tends to break - a fairly common issue with 2005-2007 LXs (they fixed it on 08s-up). It's a cheap and easy fix, but it never breaks while it's conveniently parked in your driveway or garage, so you're often left stranded somewhere and have to get it towed, etc...which is what really makes it a PITA.

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/f90/cant-shift-out-park-into-gear-pink-thingy-replacement-234335/

Head on over to LXForums (im on there as well) and do some digging. There are several threads explaining the problem and how to fix it. There is also a vendor that makes a Billet piece that will NOT break.

with that said, welcome to the forum. Stick around...even if you don't own a classic charger, maybe the bug will bite you after spending some time here.

Good to see someone can help this guy.. never owned 1 had no idea ...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ponch ®

Quote from: Budnicks on August 31, 2011, 01:22:46 PM

well, someone has to show some hospitality and not be a dick to the guy...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 31, 2011, 05:11:41 PM

C'mon, Pinch. No one is being a dick here.

moparstuart

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bull on August 31, 2011, 07:27:25 PM

C'mon, Pinch. No one is being a dick here.

Yeah.  Come on now, "Pinch." :rofl:

I'm sorry, maybe this is just funny to me, but come on....

UH60L

"I see the "Pink Thingy" strikes again. It's a cheap piece of plastic in the shifter assembly that......"

Ok, forget anything negative I've ever said about the 2006 to 2011 sedan.  This beats them all:

No Dodge Charger would ever have a "Pink Thingy"!!!!    :rofl: