News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ghost town cars & more

Started by skip68, August 28, 2011, 09:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I took these pictures yesterday.   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

More

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

skip68

BananaDan

Very nice!  Where is that?   :2thumbs:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

skip68

Goldfield, Nevada.   I'll post more later.   

bobs66440

Now THAT is cool!!!  More please!!   :popcrn:

skip68

skip68

skip68

RallyeMike

Goldfield NV: "Parts of the cult-classic 1971 car chase movie, Vanishing Point, were filmed in Goldfield, and it was the site of the fictitious radio station "KOW", and the DJ "Super-Soul".

I've spent a lot of time in Battle Mountain, Elko, and Austin for the road races. Austin is the town in the movie where Kowalski drives down hill and the cop car rolls at the corner. I have always wondered where the radio station scenes were shot! I'll be stopping through one of these days.

What's up with the derelict Chargers there?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Wow Skip, thanks for those! :2thumbs:  Almost surreal to look at.

nvrbdn

great pic's. love to see the ghost towns  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jb666

Those pictures are absolutely amazing. I LOVE the whole "abandoned town" thing.. I was just saying "I could live there", until I saw the snake... And I....

skip68

Snake was about 2 feet long and I had to kill it. Sorry but it tried to bite me so I  killed it until it was dead and then I killed it some more.   :yesnod:  I only kill what needs killing and that snake needed to go.  I'll be back there in a week or so and I'll get more pictures.   I'll get a few of the radio station for you Mike.   
For what it's worth, the 72 Charger is for sale.  The old guy only wants $6,500 for it.   ::)

skip68

I think the night life would be a bit quiet and slow for you Jeff.    :icon_smile_big:   

You know, Virgil Earp died there.  I'll try and get a picture of his ghost when I go back.   ;)

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on August 28, 2011, 12:31:40 PM
I think the night life would be a bit quiet and slow for you Jeff.    :icon_smile_big:   

You know, Virgil Earp died there.  I'll try and get a picture of his ghost when I go back.   ;)

no way man... I'm lame!!! Don't let all the pics fool ya!!

skip68

I think that you could get a screaming deal on land there Jeff.  Especially with this bad economy.   How does $2 an acre sound?    :icon_smile_big:

skip68

This is a different picture of the same car with my son.  He noticed that aside from the missing doors all the glass was good.  2 piece windshield and three back windows are all perfect.   

Brock Samson

Perhaps you can get back for morning or evening light so stuff isn't so washed out. I'd love to have a full day there to shoot some artsy off hand shots maybe next time you can shoot less "squared" compositions and more close ups, sorry if I'm being "whatever" but I know you'r a much better Photog. then these initial mundane shoots suggest Skip.  :shruggy:
any chance of shooting interiors of the buildings?..  :popcrn:

skip68

I hear what you're saying Dave. 
:2thumbs:   I'm going back there in about a week and it will be around 8 am or so when I get there.    :shruggy:  should I get there earlier?   It's no big deal if I leave earlier.   It would be cool to get some sunrise shots.   :yesnod:

twodko

Nice Chuck, thanks. On first glance I thought I was looking at the ghost town of Bodie.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68coronetGLwannabe

Cool pics. Looks like you and your boy had a good time. Thanks for sharing.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

What time is sun rise?.. i believe the hour that brackets either side of sun-rise/set is called the "Magic Hour". i have done four magic hour (sun rise)  photo shoots. though I've done many at sunset, the morning ones are standouts much better than the Eve. shots.