News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UCA eccentrics, not bushings, with more offset, to get more adjustment.

Started by 375instroke, September 06, 2011, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

MOOG Part # K8243A says ±1⅛° adjustment.  ACDELCO Part # 45K18013 says ±2½° adjustment.  Could they be different, actually giving more adjustment, or are the numbers just pulled out of one's ass?

Chryco Psycho

you should be able to compare the 2 , , if the center pin is the same distance from the edge it can only adjust the same distance

b5blue

HPP

I believe that Moog part number is the stock replacement peice. The Moog problem solver is, I think, K5005. The Ac Delco 2.5* adjustment units are the same as the Moog problem solver units, but they cost more.

375instroke

HPP

Well, there isn't a lot of material in the eccentric  to make a whole lot of difference and looking at the AC Delco ones, they look just like stock. Similarly, the slot in the inner fender will also limit how much adjustment can be shoved through them as well. At $8 each, it might be worth grabbing a couple just to try them out. That is a mucho better price than offset bushings if they do provide the extra degree.

b5blue

It's a typo you want the offset bushings. The slots don't allow what your thinking.