News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help with T.V. def.

Started by 69bananabeast, January 15, 2006, 10:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

This coming Spring I will be leaving home for the first time and as a result I am in search for many things, the T.V. being this one.   So what are the differences between Plasma and HDTV, LCD , and DLP. I want to get something in the 37''- 42" range but I Really want to try to keep it under 2K. What are some good brands as well?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Lowprofile

Never ever had any problems with my Sony.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mopar440+6

Sony all the way. I love my 32" WEGA although I wish I had gotten a larger screen...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

runningman

I have had some problems with sony and rca........I like toshiba and the samsung dlp.   Although I have a sony front projector system that looks sweet with a 102" pic

derailed

Ive always liked Sony but i remeber reading an recent article that there stereos, tvs etc are prone to repair. I have a Sony STR-DE845  home stereo that I like alot but its been in the shop a couple of times. A firend of mines father bought some great big Sony LCD TV that hes had problems with. When it comes to stuff like this I rely on consumer reports. There usually pretty accurate.

69_500

Hard to beat the picture quality of the Panasonics. They are incredible, but for me personally I could only afford the Sony, so that is what we went with.

dodgecharger-fan

I like the Samsung DLPs.

For under 2K you'll likely be looking at DLP for the biggest bang for the buck.