News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 RR Coming Along Little by Little...

Started by ramairthree, August 25, 2011, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

Ok, I love pretty much any full sized, pony sized, mid sized and two seat RWD V8 American car with two doors made between 64 and 74, most especially about  68 to 72.

I may never get to my plans to made a Daytona clone out of a 70 Charger (ok, more specifically, an Daytona homage by putting a nose and headlights and wing on a 70 Charger) because I can't let the forsaken ones go.

This was no 4 speed/401 car or even an AMX, just a green, ratty interior 71 Javelin SST with 360 2bbl single exhaust and automatic.  It had sat for twenty years.  It was about to become parts or scrap after a long time for sale with no takers.  While ratty and with surface rust, it had every original part except some hoses, one piece of roof trim, and one piece or rear window trim.

It is now wearing new tires on rattle can restored 15x7s instead of the 14x6s, the BorgWarner M11B tranny is rebuilt, brakes gone through, new tank and fuel line, carb (2100 autolite rebuilt) and the about to hit 100k on the original engine that has had nothing but basic maintainence.  I have a cast factory 4bbl intake and rebulit a 4bbl autolite for it.  I have had several days of 70 plus miles on it and plenty more ten or so mile days.

It is now an homage to the SCCA/TA cars.

The RR is now roadywothry with rewired talilight sockets, etc.  little by little is is coming along.  like my javelin the driveway 100$ paintjob is a ten yarder at best.  ubt it did not get parted out.

these are just not real sought after valued cars.  but I enjoyed saving them, although a fate of bare budget roadworthyness minimalism may not be a great fate.

Have any of you had a dream car you never get to because of these little side trips like I am having?

Slowpoke

I really like what you did with the Javalin.  :2thumbs: I also have a soft spot for the AMC lost sheep.
And the RR is a worthy car too. Having it drivable will help keep up the interest in completing it.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

RallyeMike

Nice job. Drivers are way more fun than a restored car IMHO.

QuoteHave any of you had a dream car you never get to because of these little side trips like I am having?

I have only had this problem between 1979 and 2011   :brickwall:   Or is it that every flippin car is a dream car?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Chryco Psycho

We all suffer the same disease !!
Nice job on the Javelin , my first car was a 68 Javelin SST 343 & Mark Donohue is probably my Only hero , I would have his name on that car for sure !
I want to finish my 71 Charger & race it , build a Cummins Rat rod , by a Cuda drag car , on & on ........