News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PLYMOUTH LATCH TRAY HARDWARE

Started by FJ5WING, November 12, 2011, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Anyone know what the correct bolts for a Plymouth latch tray is? I dont have my bolts on hand(theyre at the restoration shop) but I know I want /need new ones.

I think I read they should have the "anchor" in the recess of the head?
Anyway Id like to know the size bolt I should be looking for.

TIA!!!!!!
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

1/4x20 loose washer,you can use either 1/2 or 3/4 inch,length doesn't matter as nobody can see the underside.

FJ5WING

Thanks Bill... :2thumbs:

Thats what I bought from R/T Specialties but when they arrived they didnt have the Anchor in the heads. I'll use them if I cant locate the correct bolts.

gtx6970

1/4-20 x 3/4", with a 7/16" Hex head, with a 5/8" Conical washer - Anchor head marking

FJ5WING

Bill, Do you sell these?

You had to know I was going to ask....right?  :D

And for anyone else,
How many latch tray bolts do I require? I dant have the tray or the car so I cant go and count for myself.

TIA!!!

maxwellwedge

Here is an original - Off of my survivor Bird. I call this marking "Anchor over T".

gtx6970

Jim,
That exact head marking is not avail in that particular bolt / washer size.

but it looks like 18 bolts for a Bird latch tray ?

This one is
1/4-20 x 3/4" with a 7/16" Hex head - 3/4" Conical washer diam and the Anchor head marking  

But yes, I sell them all, but may or may not have them in stock

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 13, 2011, 01:05:27 PM
Here is an original - Off of my survivor Bird. I call this marking "Anchor over T".

Jimbo..
Would that be the same on my Daytona? Wanna make sure I have the proper ones and if not, start scouring around...... It's the little things...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

I guess I can yank one out and measure it up if you like Bill.

AB - I think Tona/Bird are the same - I'll have a look...

gtx6970

a couple things to remember here.

Fasteners were ( and still are to this day ) supplied from several different manufacturers and each one has there own head markings for identification

Also, there are and were even numerous head markings from the same manufacturer. So it's not all that unlikely to have several different head markings on the same attaching part

as an example

all of these were supplied by Anchor Fastener
and all are considered correct for the time period

maxwellwedge

Yup - No question Bill - I was just showing what were installed in my car.

Arnie Cunningham

As long as this subject is current, which "clip nuts" are correct - J or U?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

gtx6970

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on November 17, 2011, 12:56:38 PM
As long as this subject is current, which "clip nuts" are correct - J or U?

:popcrn:

maxwellwedge

Was able to get one off of a Daytona.....guessing they are the same. I will see what I can see on my Bird.

I flipped one over next to an installed one.

Arnie Cunningham

Excellent!  So that is a positive confirmation that "J" nuts were used on Daytonas.   :cheers:
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.