News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pix of my buddy's '71 Charger.

Started by 472 R/T SE, September 07, 2011, 09:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Good friend of mine really went through the ringer with this car.  When it was finally painted the pass. side showed 3 different shades due to lack of paint.  Problem was he had to pay for it to be shot again.
This last time the a pillars were needed to be reshot, again on his dime.  I'd like to spend some time on it removing the swirls'.

He made plans on painting & selling it but is waaayy upside down on it now.

Mark Nixon also shafted him on some parts.  He's had a giant "FAIL" experience with this car.

Anyhoots, he plans on striping it & putting on a set of mudflaps & it'll be his daily driver until he takes back home to North Dakota.

I know lots of folks like slot mags here.  I call James the slot mag King.  The guy must have 20-30 sets of them.

71charger

that 71 is looking good.  :cheers: :cheers: better condition than mine
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

bull

Nice. I see the blue back Oregon plates on it. :2thumbs:

tan top

:coolgleamA:  nice car !!! love the wheels !!   :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stretch

I spy an E-body!

Nice '71. I love the side marker lights  on those! Tail lights too. :2thumbs:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

41husk

I think that belongs to 472 R/T SE.  It is the Cuda Larry roper buit. :scratchchin:  Good eye though!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71charger

Nice just realized got the same wheels. Id like to get some rallys or mag 500's

71seguy

really nice 71 ! someday ill get mine all one color ! lol  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Beautiful! I love the slots of course. What's up with the tread on the back tires? They say BF Goodrich Radial T/A but the old cheater slick looking sidewall and diamond shaped tread would suggest otherwise.   :scratchchin: :coolgleamA:

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

472 R/T SE

Quote from: terrible one on September 08, 2011, 03:05:01 PM
Beautiful! I love the slots of course. What's up with the tread on the back tires? They say BF Goodrich Radial T/A but the old cheater slick looking sidewall and diamond shaped tread would suggest otherwise.   :scratchchin: :coolgleamA:

For whatever reason he's comfortable running recaps.  He plans on keeping them on through the winter.  He said the car is so limp wristed that it won't spin the tires on wet pavement.  I asked about stopping but he didn't seem to care.   :shruggy:

bull, this is one of Steve Mile's famous eff up's.   :rotz:

That e body you see is for sale.

71charger

472 R/T SE

The original tired 383.

I just looked the car up in GG's white book & it's 1 of 1600 '71 Charger 500's.  ;)

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 41husk on September 09, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
Is that your Cuda for sale?

Unfortunately yes.  And I'm not selling to buy a different car.

Our credit card turned into an animal. (daughter plays on a premier "A" soccer team, we've been to California & Seattle a couple times.  One more trip up to Seattle next month.  The team was selected to be in a NW Champions League.  All the top teams in Idaho, Wa. & Oregon play 3 weekends.  We're ranked #1 in Oregon & #3 in Washington in U11.  We spanked the top Idaho team the 1st weekend.)
http://www.vusatimbers.com/index.html
I don't care how much we spend on her.  She'll remember this for the rest of her life.  As much as I hate to, I'd prolly sell my Charger too if I had to.   :shruggy:

The wife will be quitting work soon to finish up her schooling.  That car is the result of several buy/sells with one of my 401k's.  It started with a '70 Super Bee.

She said when she's done with school that I get to buy another ride.  Most likely another '71 'cuda.  I absolutely love that car.  It pains me to have to sell it.  I'm actually looking at going back to work to keep from having to.  We'll see...

tmi, I know.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 09, 2011, 04:03:05 PM
Quote from: 41husk on September 09, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
Is that your Cuda for sale?

Unfortunately yes.  And I'm not selling to buy a different car.

Our credit card turned into an animal. (daughter plays on a premier "A" soccer team, we've been to California & Seattle a couple times.  One more trip up to Seattle next month.  The team was selected to be in a NW Champions League.  All the top teams in Idaho, Wa. & Oregon play 3 weekends.  We're ranked #1 in Oregon & #3 in Washington in U11.  We spanked the top Idaho team the 1st weekend.)
http://www.vusatimbers.com/index.html
I don't care how much we spend on her.  She'll remember this for the rest of her life.  As much as I hate to, I'd prolly sell my Charger too if I had to.   :shruggy:

The wife will be quitting work soon to finish up her schooling.  That car is the result of several buy/sells with one of my 401k's.  It started with a '70 Super Bee.

She said when she's done with school that I get to buy another ride.  Most likely another '71 'cuda.  I absolutely love that car.  It pains me to have to sell it.  I'm actually looking at going back to work to keep from having to.  We'll see...

tmi, I know.

Family comes first, and it seems like you have your priorities in order.  Best of luck to you.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 08, 2011, 10:16:14 PM

bull, this is one of Steve Mile's famous eff up's.   :rotz:

That e body you see is for sale.

Oh, I see. I guess I wasn't aware he had some famous eff ups. Maybe you'll have to PM me some of the details. I was thinking about having him do some work for me before he (and/or his wife) started copping a strange attitude with me via email. I asked him about pricing for a steering column resto (among other things) and I got a long-winded response that told me nothing about the question I asked. So I wrote back asking for some clarification and the next thing I know I'm getting a warning about how he no longer puts up with whining customers and basically they're all just supposed to drop the car or part off, keep their mouths shut and he'll call you when he's done. He apparently decides how much you are going to spend, not you. That's as far as it's going to go with he and I.

Stretch

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2011, 12:50:22 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 08, 2011, 10:16:14 PM

Oh, I see. I guess I wasn't aware he had some famous eff ups. Maybe you'll have to PM me some of the details. I was thinking about having him do some work for me before he (and/or his wife) started copping a strange attitude with me via email. I asked him about pricing for a steering column resto (among other things) and I got a long-winded response that told me nothing about the question I asked. So I wrote back asking for some clarification and the next thing I know I'm getting a warning about how he no longer puts up with whining customers and basically they're all just supposed to drop the car or part off, keep their mouths shut and he'll call you when he's done. He apparently decides how much you are going to spend, not you. That's as far as it's going to go with he and I.

Well with a business policy like that he won't be around much longer.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!