News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Richard Cranium being here is my fault?

Started by rarefish, August 23, 2011, 02:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rarefish

Yes, you can all blame me for that. I was the one who told him about this site about a year ago. I have quickly scanned the long post
about his demise and some of the remarks surprised me.  First, let me say that I cruise this site a couple times a week,and post every once
in a while and then only when I have something that is worth saying.  DH's 1000+ posts in 10 months. I had no idea that he was posting here
that often as I and had only seen a few of them.
  Anyway, some of you people here I believe have got it wrong about this guy. I have known him for almost 30 yrs. through a national Mopar car
club that we once both belonged to. He has owned several 6-pack and Hemi cars over the years. So he is the real deal. His interest changed about 5 ys.
ago and he sold off his last car and got out of the hobby.
Last summer he got the itch again and bought a nice 1969 Charger Daytona. He wanted to detail it some. So he fired off some emails to me asking questions
about what was correct and not correct on his newly purchase car.  I referred him to this site, telling him it is the best one out there
when it comes to Chargers and people who are in the know.
   Yes, this guy has always I guess been a prankster and likes break the chops a lot, but he is not the person that a lot of here think he might be.
I personally don't go for all the useless chatter and horse play that people post on a lot of car forums. So I can see  how some of it can piss you off, but  
to better set the record straight you need to know that he really owns and has owned several nice cars over the years. He is not some punk kid or a troll with nothing to offer.
   He had intended to come to Carlisle last month to meet of you guys at the Charger tent as I did on Saturday,  but a near fatal accident that he had back in June
prevented him from going. Probably a fact that was unknown as I don't believe that he ever posted that info here.
  So, I guess now that you know a little more. You can judge him for what its worth.  Good or bad.   :Twocents:

Old Moparz

Quote from: rarefish on August 23, 2011, 02:46:44 PM

Yes, you can all blame me for that.

Okay, a scapegoat is usually warranted anyway.   :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twodko

Hey Rarefish,

Personally I don't go in for bashing folks.........it will come back on you. Mom's all over the Galaxy have us if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.
For clarity here, we really don't have to put blame for anything here on anybody...........except Bull. He's the mother of all blame takers. :smilielol: :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

MoparManJim

Quote from: twodko on August 23, 2011, 03:12:01 PM
Hey Rarefish,

Personally I don't go in for bashing folks.........it will come back on you. Mom's all over the Galaxy have us if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.
For clarity here, we really don't have to put blame for anything here on anybody...........except Bull. He's the mother of all blame takers. :smilielol: :smilielol:

Dang... well there went Mr Skip right out the window!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

bull

Quote from: twodko on August 23, 2011, 03:12:01 PM

Apparently I can take it well. :nana: And despite it all I've never heard from the mods about my behavior, although I'm sure I've given them headaches a few times. :D

moparstuart

rarefish  thanks for stepping up and setting the record straight .  Good to know he is not peggy in siberia .
  oh and bull is to blame for sure . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Patronus

Im a bit new here so this may be overstepping my bounds, but I could tell when he was joking or having fun with someone most of the time. Its a habit if you have a sense of humor. (I myself included) I think he misses this forum, especially from the aero side. And he made me laugh more than once..   :coolgleamA:

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TUFCAT

Rarefish, that was a great posting. Thanks for taking the time to introduce him. I feel different since someone finally came forward and vouched for this guy. :shruggy:

Unfortunately whether good or bad, people form opinions of others by the content of their posts - that's how it works on the internet.

I wish him well.  :2thumbs:  

Ghoste

He may be a great guy in real life but he seemed to make huge efforts to offend or at least annoy around here.  And not just once in a while but all the time so what may be harmless prankster to some was a username well chosen to others.  But thats just my opinion and that doesn't count for much either really.

TUFCAT

Once again I agree with Ghoste.....the user name and offbeat content killed him. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Nacho-RT74

I never took anything wrong with him or his posts and actually dunno the last fact why he was banned, but I can tell I trust on mods judgement. They are why we have this nice place still nice, although some opposite opinions of some ooooold timers including the old board members ( what doesn't mean big count posters ) what decided to simply keep a litle bit away :(. IMHO the board is still same great than old times.

We have had hard discussions between members in fact and they did know how to handle the facts without affect the board except if getting to limits.

So if mods thought about get him banned, I think they must have the reasons for that.

You don't must feel guilty about invite him. At the end attitude is at each own
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

tan top

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 23, 2011, 10:02:55 PM
Rarefish, that was a great posting. Thanks for taking the time to introduce him. I feel different since someone finally came forward and vouched for this guy. :shruggy:

Unfortunately whether good or bad, people form opinions of others by the content of their posts - that's how it works on the internet.

I wish him well.  :2thumbs:   

:iagree: 

nearly had a fatal accident  crikey , what happened ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NHCharger

From some of his posts I believed he did have some nice cars over the years.
As far as his attitude I always cut him some slack since he was from MA, and we don't call them massholes for no reason :lol:
If he was recuperating from an accident it does explain why he was posting so much.
I know that six years ago I was sidelined with an elbow injury for two months. I learned first hand that painkillers+alcohol+ keyboards don't mix.
We've had several members over the years rub members the wrong way but after some guidance it all worked out.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger_Dart

Yep :iagree: , since I live in MA I can understand massholes - but please don't group all of us in there  :lol:
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Tilar

Quote from: NHCharger on August 24, 2011, 12:12:51 PM
and we don't call them massholes for no reason  :lol: 

I don't call them massholes, I call it massivetwoshits because of political reasons.

I wish him well.  :2thumbs:   

I see it more like "People form opinions and express them faster when there are others jumping on the band wagon also."

Incase nobody has noticed, I tend to root for the underdog. I've always been that way.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

rarefish

Quote from: tan top on August 24, 2011, 04:35:07 AM

nearly had a fatal accident  crikey , what happened ?

Back in June he sent me some pictures showing the extent of his injuries.  They were were pretty tough to look at.  Since he never reported here what had happen.  I will hold off saying anything more about it now, unless he gives me the ok to do so.

rarefish

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 23, 2011, 10:35:56 PM
I never took anything wrong with him or his posts and actually dunno the last fact why he was banned, but I can tell I trust on mods judgement. They are why we have this nice place still nice, although some opposite opinions of some ooooold timers including the old board members ( what doesn't mean big count posters ) what decided to simply keep a litle bit away :(. IMHO the board is still same great than old times.

We have had hard discussions between members in fact and they did know how to handle the facts without affect the board except if getting to limits.

So if mods thought about get him banned, I think they must have the reasons for that.

You don't must feel guilty about invite him. At the end attitude is at each own

I don't feel guilty about telling him about this web site. I do feel a little bad that the whole thing had to end up as it did, for all persons involved. If getting booted off is bothering him, then maybe he might get the hint and change his ways.

tan top

Quote from: rarefish on August 24, 2011, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: tan top on August 24, 2011, 04:35:07 AM

nearly had a fatal accident  crikey , what happened ?

Back in June he sent me some pictures showing the extent of his injures.  They were were pretty tough to look at.  Since he never reported here what had happen.  I will hold off saying anything more about it now, unless he gives me the ok to do so.

yikes  bad then !! sounds like his recovered  ok ?  thanks for the reply RF :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DC_1

Did any of the injury involve his cranium?....that would explain a lot!  :D

John_Kunkel

Quote from: rarefish on August 23, 2011, 02:46:44 PM
Yes, this guy has always I guess been a prankster and likes break the chops a lot, but he is not the person that a lot of here think he might be.

With due respect for the world of psychiatry, everybody has a little "Jeckyl and Hyde" in them but when you seldom see the Jeckyl and only see a lot of Hyde..............
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mytur Binsdirti

BB1

I wish I knew what the hell your talking about.  :ahum:

You have a brain problem?

:insertsarcasm:
Delete my profile

Cooter

Quote from: Tilar on August 24, 2011, 03:39:37 PM

I see it more like "People form opinions and express them faster when there are others jumping on the band wagon also."

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: AGREED!

Too bad, I'm sure this site along with others, have lost ALOT of otherwise good folks.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

Hell, I'm fairly twisted myself......at least that's what the voices tell me.  ;D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

doctor4766

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 16, 2012, 06:37:31 AM
Sounds like a hell of a guy.
I must admit that it has crossed my mind before as to whether you are infact the same guy with a different user name.
Then all of a sudden, you weed out a thread on Richard Cranium.
Hmmmmmm....
Gotta love a '69