News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shoulder Belts in 69's ?

Started by RallyeMike, April 08, 2011, 10:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Same as mine, retractable shoulder belt.

I just find it annoying how they hang down where the B pillar is supposed to be...Stands out like a sore thumb  :down:

I like the fact that originals you have the option to use both lap belt and shoulder belt.

charger Downunder

Quote from: 440 on April 14, 2011, 04:02:40 AM
Same as mine, retractable shoulder belt.

I just find it annoying how they hang down where the B pillar is supposed to be...Stands out like a sore thumb  :down:

I like the fact that originals you have the option to use both lap belt and shoulder belt.
My original belts would hang down all the time as i was to lazy to hang them up. :laugh:
[/quote]

I see the retractable belt in your photos of your car. Yours are also black so they blend in, I couldn't see them at first. Mine are tan so they stand out like crazy !

Wonder if I changed mine to black if they would blend in and not clash with the interior....

lookin@my68

Hey 440,

What year is your car?

In South Australia anything built in 1968 or prior can pass inspection with lap belts only in the front...as SA usually has the toughest LHD laws in the country I would say most other states may  be the same... what state are you in?

Even if you have a 69/70 the laws in your state may allow lap belts only? I've got lap belts in the front and retractables in the rear ( for the kids!)

My car is a 69 and I'm in South Australia. SA is a PAIN for rego....

tatrick2me

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 10, 2011, 09:10:19 PM
Quote from: tatrick2me on April 10, 2011, 09:07:18 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on April 08, 2011, 10:26:18 AM
Hopefully a simple question: What's the deal with shoulder belts in 69's? My first one had them. The 500 project I recently picked up does not. Were they optional? If so, was this indicated on the fender tag or just the broadcast sheet?

Starting with the 68 model year the law required all cars to have front shoulder harnesses. Starting with the 69 model year head rests where and option until Jan 1,69 from then till now all cars by law have head rests or high back seats.

Those cars without the shoulder harness where built before Jan 1,68. Back then laws went into effect by calender year. Today they go in by model year.

Nope. A very Large amount of 68 Chargers do not have Shoulder harnesses.
Bone 7

Bob T

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 13, 2011, 02:30:49 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 10, 2011, 09:10:19 PM
Quote from: tatrick2me on April 10, 2011, 09:07:18 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on April 08, 2011, 10:26:18 AM
Hopefully a simple question: What's the deal with shoulder belts in 69's? My first one had them. The 500 project I recently picked up does not. Were they optional? If so, was this indicated on the fender tag or just the broadcast sheet?

Starting with the 68 model year the law required all cars to have front shoulder harnesses. Starting with the 69 model year head rests where and option until Jan 1,69 from then till now all cars by law have head rests or high back seats.

Nope. A very Large amount of 68 Chargers do not have Shoulder harnesses.

:iagree:  Front and back shoulder belts were an option in the 1968 model year.

Dan

Ok then, but in a 68 thats not fitted with shoulder belts, does it have the inserts for the bolt and bracket mounted in the pillar as a standard placement behind the trim? Just asking as my old 68 had shouder and lap but another one I've seen recently only has lap and wondered if the conversion to shoulder was possible without removing liner.. Thanks
Old Dog, Old Tricks.