News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone try to install A-Pillar tweeters?

Started by Calif240, August 21, 2011, 09:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Got a new stereo for my '69. Getting the dash all back together and trim parts re-installed. I'm replacing the original single center dash speaker with a pair of smaller speakers. I'm also replacing the rear speakers with brand new 3-ways and a 10" sub. Have any of you tried to install tweeters on the A-Pillars? I've looked at the options with the kick-panels, and cutting the doors, and just don't like any of them much. This seems iike it would add some good high-range sound, while the sub in the back will give plenty of low. I haven't seen this done, but figured someone out there had some experience. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

b5blue

They make a pair of speakers to replace the center front. Also you can find the grills that fit the top of the dash corners for the stereo option. (You would have to cut holes in the dash top.) These reflect off the windshield and from what I've seen here sound nice but would look "correct". Do a "search" here for more info.  :2thumbs: