News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look what I found during a traffic stop

Started by mpdlawdog, August 18, 2011, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Quote from: Patronus on August 19, 2011, 06:25:42 PM
Your patrol car looks well into the lane of traffic, is that standard procedure?

around here it is common to just stop the car completely in the travel lane, i've always thought it would make more sense to use the PA to tell them to pull into the shopping center lot that is 50 ft away from where they were pulled over but they would rather block traffic completely around here, very frustrating and un-safe when traffic is heavy, of course people always have there phones out recording it as they pass incase something happens so they can put it on stUpid tube.  then the person behind them rear ends them cause they slowed down so much :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

projectanimal

This is a GREAT post!!   :cheers:   always nice to see a positive "traffic stop"!    I could have had the same stop when I brought my car home a few months ago!  thankfully the Uhaul trailer I used has proper working lights.   :icon_smile_big: 

Remind us, where do you patrol??   :rofl:   once we get ours on the road in the Spring, we definitely need to find my officer friend who would enjoy a long burn out and a few funny pictures with his cruiser!   

Keep up the positive traffic stops!   :cheers: :cheers:
northwest CT

mpdlawdog

Quote from: projectanimal on October 08, 2011, 07:18:59 PM
This is a GREAT post!!   :cheers:   always nice to see a positive "traffic stop"!    I could have had the same stop when I brought my car home a few months ago!  thankfully the Uhaul trailer I used has proper working lights.   :icon_smile_big: 

Remind us, where do you patrol??   :rofl:   once we get ours on the road in the Spring, we definitely need to find my officer friend who would enjoy a long burn out and a few funny pictures with his cruiser!   

Keep up the positive traffic stops!   :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry just noticed there were a few new replys. I always try to keep my traffic stops positive...sometimes my job just sucks I don't really get off ruining other people's day...I am in marysville Ohio  you are more than welcome to bring the car and do a photo shoot with me any time! I know a few roads that are perfect for long burnouts! 
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

mpdlawdog

Quote from: super77se on October 08, 2011, 12:38:04 PM
so im assuming you are in law enforcement, and that you do regular street patrol, are you more apt to stop a classic muscle car going down the road over regular vehicles ? or are you less likely with the assumption that most would not dare take their pride and joy out on the road without being 100% legal and with full coverage insurance? or do you base it on whether or not people are obeying the law ie; speeding -wreckless -burnouts- defective equipment- loud pipes? im not saying that the police are bias to muscle car owners but only trying to get a law enforcement officers perspective on muscle cars on the road and if they are respected or if they are singled out. but knowing you have a love for muscle cars yourself i guess my point here may be moot but what do your fellow officers think? im probably posting this in the wrong spot but your opinion means a good deal to a few of us...
I've been an officer for 15 years. I would Stop a muscle car before any other car but just to get a closer look  :laugh: I don't mess with people about stupid stuff and I defently don't write bad tickets for stupid things!  My motto is the better the burn out the less chance you will get a ticket!  I hate the fact there are officers whose badge is bigger than their manlyhood. 

mpdlawdog

Quote from: mauve66 on October 08, 2011, 05:32:22 PM
Quote from: Patronus on August 19, 2011, 06:25:42 PM
Your patrol car looks well into the lane of traffic, is that standard procedure?

around here it is common to just stop the car completely in the travel lane, i've always thought it would make more sense to use the PA to tell them to pull into the shopping center lot that is 50 ft away from where they were pulled over but they would rather block traffic completely around here, very frustrating and un-safe when traffic is heavy, of course people always have there phones out recording it as they pass incase something happens so they can put it on stUpid tube.  then the person behind them rear ends them cause they slowed down so much :brickwall:
[/quote
I try to stop people in safe places. Most of the time people keep on going and pick a spot they think is safe which isn't. I don't get it sometimes.