News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a/c dryer

Started by dodgechar, August 17, 2011, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgechar

Have a switch on the dryer, low or high refregerent turn off, 69 charger,  at present a/c wont turn on, getting juice to switch but not passed. Any way to check switch while on car, or just assume the refrigerent is the problem high or low?   If it's the switch  can I  replace it w/out evacuating the system. Maybe just start with the  refregerent volume check and see if switch works.    Where to start?

Tilar

Quote from: dodgechar on August 17, 2011, 06:51:14 PM
If it's the switch  can I  replace it w/out evacuating the system.

You could but the tree huggers won't dance at your next wedding if you do that.  :lol:   

You'll lose all your freon if you remove the switch.. If you jump the switch does the A/C come on and get cold?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dodgechar

Thanks for your reply, I will try to bypass the switch see what happens when I get a chance.  Whats  the word if the a/c  works. Switch is good and the system is  low or high? Switch is bad? Thanks for all your input.  I dont have any gauges to check.

y3chargerrt

If you don't have gauges your wasting your time. Jumping out the low pressure switch will get the compressor to turn on. Without gauges thats all you can do.

Charger RT

if you jump the switch the compressor comes on and it gets cold the switch is bad

if you jump the switch the compressor comes on and it does not get cold the switch is probably good and you have a leak.

Buy gauges
Tim

dodgechar

Thanks fellows , got a harbor freight  around the corner I'll check there for gauges. get back to you.