News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI HEADS NEED INFO

Started by 69charger440, August 17, 2011, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger440

Starting the build on the 540 Hemi with 871 blower. Got to talking about the Heads with the builder and well he was thinking MP Edelbrock heads, this was to keep the cost in our ballpark. We were going to go with Indy rockers or Stage V rocker on the EDDY's. I was just curious about the Eddy heads and are they worth dealing with? I contacted Tim at Forhemisonly.com just to get some prices and he said the ported Stage V heads were on sale of 1500, bare of course!! Any suggestions on Hemi heads would be great, trying to save some money here and there, but if its not worth the saving in loss of power then I will figure something else out!

Motor will be 950HP+ will Hyd. Roller Cam and WORLD Aluminum.
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Chryco Psycho

Tim Knows his stuff
Stage V makes one of the best heads available short of all out top fuel heads , if they are on sale get a set & don't look back .

69charger440

Yeah, that is what I am thinking!! Its hard being in Afghanistan and trying to talk to people over email. I was trying to get a price for a complete set with rocker arms and the whole nine yards but he never told me.

68X426

A strong case can be made that INDY heads are as good or better. But their rockers are worthless, and their customer service is terrible. So, as an owner of INDY heads and due to experiences with their management, I gotta tell you the truth - stay away from that company. Please check this related thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,76483.0.html

By the way, thank you for your service. :patriot:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

idahogrumpy

Sean,,,, I'm telling you, go with the wedge. Hyd. rollers???? solid rollers!

DAD
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

69charger440

Quote from: idahogrumpy on August 18, 2011, 01:13:31 AM

DAD

Well we are thinking Hyd. Rollers. I think the power will be easier with the Hemi. If its the wedge I would still be spending a lot of money on heads also. The builder was considering MP heads for the Hemi build, but I don't think we will get the CFM out of them.

I know you said, "wedge it lighter", but this motor will be utilizing the World's Aluminum block, so weigh will be at a lower anyhow.  So let me know what you think!

Yeahmate

Quote from: idahogrumpy on August 18, 2011, 01:13:31 AM

DAD

Good call, I wouldn't do hemi again, with world block's having trouble with head's not sealing the coolant in on their blocks, stage V heads being porous..... in fact I'll rather put a big block chev in mine, at least it would be more reliable and have a one piece crank seal. 'The take on new is better', well that is a big felicity. keep with old if you want reliability.

69charger440

Anyone else having problems with the World Products blocks? havnt heard of anything. Tried to find some info but nothing!

astjp2

I bought a world block and it had some casting flash in the water pump holes, the finished bore blocks are not honed with a deck plate.  Tim quoted me 3800.00 for assembled stageV heads.  My stageV's flow 367@.6 at 28".  I have Dvorak stands, Dechielles shafts and stock rockers.  There is no need for roller rockers in a hemi unless pulling over 8000 rpms.  You dont want hydraulic roller, too many alignment issues and interference with the heads and rockers.  I am running Crane 66550-16 mechanical rollers to provide pushrod oiling, and a .620 lift 248@.050 Crane Cam.  Contact Chris Knight at crane if you need a cam recommendation.  Rich Nedbal has a good book on building a hemi.  My machinist just rebuilt KB serial number 2 top fuel block for a car going into a museum, so pick your builder well, its not a chebby.  Tim

Challenger340

Quote from: 69charger440 on August 20, 2011, 11:33:37 PM
Anyone else having problems with the World Products blocks? havnt heard of anything. Tried to find some info but nothing!

YEP !
Garbage !
pm me for details.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Yeahmate

You might say, but thats what Tim has had to put up with building my 572, and thats my point, what engine builder going to suck up all these costs and f..k ups, except for the few hemi shops that specialize in them?