News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AeroWarrior Meet potential at Dallas/Ft.Worth (Texas Motor Speedway)

Started by hemi68charger, August 17, 2011, 07:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey ya'll...
Inspired by our very own Doug S. (Doug, can I call you about this), I have emailed the Public Relations office at Texas Motor Speedway about a potential AeroWarriors Meet / Reunion during one of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup races they have there. I just recieved a reply last night that their Asst. GM is interested. They agree with me there's probably not enough time to do something by the Nov. race, but the Spring 2012 looks more feasible.

Whatcha ya'll think? 

Allen, hurry with that B5 beauty !!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

hotrod98

Now if Troy could just put together a Texas version of the Mopar Nationals...I might just have to move back to Texas.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2011, 07:04:18 AM
Hey ya'll...
Inspired by our very own Doug S. (Doug, can I call you about this), I have emailed the Public Relations office at Texas Motor Speedway about a potential AeroWarriors Meet / Reunion during one of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup races they have there. I just recieved a reply last night that their Asst. GM is interested. They agree with me there's probably not enough time to do something by the Nov. race, but the Spring 2012 looks more feasible.

Whatcha ya'll think? 

Allen, hurry with that B5 beauty !!!!  :icon_smile_big:

Hell Yes!... Great idea Troy, the tie in with a Sprint Cup race might make it work.  Even with the geographically central location, turn-out for national level events has always been a problem west of St Louis.  With some help from friends, I could host a Rich B. type Aero get-together...  Spring 2012 would be a bit of a rush, but In think do-able.

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 17, 2011, 12:41:55 PM
Less than six hours from home. Count me in.

About six miles for me...  :icon_smile_wink:

BTW, I have been mostly offline for a while... busy with a lot of personal business.  I have been sorting through a lifetime's worth of pack-ratted material that has been sitting in storage, as well as trying to re-organize my workshops.  Thanks to those friends who have recently checked in on me...  :cheers:

Getting some real shelving in my workshops.... a couple of pics:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on August 17, 2011, 09:49:16 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2011, 07:04:18 AM
Hey ya'll...

Whatcha ya'll think?  

Allen, hurry with that B5 beauty !!!!  :icon_smile_big:
good to hear from you and that all is well , we missed you buddy
good to hear from you and that all is well , we missed you buddy

Hell Yes!... Great idea Troy, the tie in with a Sprint Cup race might make it work.  Even with the geographically central location, turn-out for national level events has always been a problem west of St Louis.  With some help from friends, I could host a Rich B. type Aero get-together...  Spring 2012 would be a bit of a rush, but In think do-able.

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 17, 2011, 12:41:55 PM
Less than six hours from home. Count me in.

About six miles for me...  :icon_smile_wink:

BTW, I have been mostly offline for a while... busy with a lot of personal business.  I have been sorting through a lifetime's worth of pack-ratted material that has been sitting in storage, as well as trying to re-organize my workshops.  Thanks to those friends who have recently checked in on me...  :cheers:

Getting some real shelving in my workshops.... a couple of pics:
good to hear from you buddy and glad all is well we missed you 

nitrometal

That will be awesome Troy!  Now I'll have the inspiration to convert my auto to manual and have a goal to meet, otherwise I'll keep procrastinating, but let's talk about that later.   ::)
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

pettybird

Quote from: nitrometal on August 18, 2011, 10:41:07 PM
Now I'll have the inspiration to convert my auto to manual and have a goal to meet, otherwise I'll keep procrastinating

I've heard a deadline works miracles  :o :o :o

nitrometal

Quote from: pettybird on August 19, 2011, 08:51:25 AM
Now I'll have the inspiration to convert my auto to manual and have a goal to meet, otherwise I'll keep procrastinating

Well, I'll need a miracle for this to happen because I've never done this before.  I don't know the first thing about manual transmissions (not that I'm an expert on automatics).

There are two companies out there that I've read up on that sell a complete nut & bolt replacement kit that is supposed to simply swap out & bolt in, except for the shifter hump in the floor pan transmission tunnel that has to be cut out & welded.  I'll go ahead and upgrade to the overdrive unit while I'm in there.  That's gonna cost a few pennies.  Like the wife keeps telling me...."There's no such thing as winning a "free" car!"   :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: nitrometal on August 19, 2011, 11:56:08 AM

I've heard a deadline works miracles  :o :o :o

Well, I'll need a miracle for this to happen because I've never done this before.  I don't know the first thing about manual transmissions (not that I'm an expert on automatics).

There are two companies out there that I've read up on that sell a complete nut & bolt replacement kit that is supposed to simply swap out & bolt in, except for the shifter hump in the floor pan transmission tunnel that has to be cut out & welded.  I'll go ahead and upgrade to the overdrive unit while I'm in there.  That's gonna cost a few pennies.  Like the wife keeps telling me...."There's no such thing as winning a "free" car!"   :rotz:
heard really good stuff about passion         http://www.passonperformance.com/    
assuming you want an overdrive or 5 speed set up  

69_500

Spring 2012 hmmmmm. Troy how long was the drive from my house to there? I'd be game for a nice long road trip in the C500.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on August 19, 2011, 09:17:50 PM
Spring 2012 hmmmmm. Troy how long was the drive from my house to there? I'd be game for a nice long road trip in the C500.

Looks like 910 miles (15+ hours) based on Google Maps...

69_500

So that should be a mere 140 gallons of fuel round trip in the Charger. Not shabby. If we can get a date before the end of the year I'd be in. I have to let my work know pretty far in advance for any days off. All days off for 2012 have to be turned in before Jan 1 of 2012. Unless its a sick day which oddly enough I was "sick" the day we had the show at the brickyard.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 21, 2011, 07:22:49 AM
So that should be a mere 140 gallons of fuel round trip in the Charger. Not shabby. If we can get a date before the end of the year I'd be in. I have to let my work know pretty far in advance for any days off. All days off for 2012 have to be turned in before Jan 1 of 2012. Unless its a sick day which oddly enough I was "sick" the day we had the show at the brickyard.
you looked very sickly that day for sure   :nana: :nana:

moparnutty

hemi68charger

Hey everyone.. Still waiting from a response/follow-up from the Asst. GM.......    :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

pettybird

Quote from: nitrometal on August 19, 2011, 11:56:08 AM

Well, I'll need a miracle for this to happen because I've never done this before. 

Did you SEE my car 5 days before Indy?  i hadn't done that before either  :lol:

nitrometal

Quoteheard really good stuff about passion         http://www.passonperformance.com/    
assuming you want an overdrive or 5 speed set up  

Thanks for the tip MoparStuart.  They have some really nice stuff there but I would rather buy a complete conversion kit and I didn't see that offered there.  And yes, I do want to go with the overdrive.

Did you SEE my car 5 days before Indy?  i hadn't done that before either  :lol:

No I didn't see your car (did you post pics?) but I remember seeing your list of the work that still needed to be done.  I can't believe that you made it.

So, what you're suggesting is...keep procrastinating and wait until the week before and have you come over and help me thrash it together?  Sounds like a plan.  What brand of beer do you drink?    :icon_smile_big:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 22, 2011, 05:46:22 AM
Hey everyone.. Still waiting from a response/follow-up from the Asst. GM.......    :2thumbs:

Any news?   :popcrn:

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on September 16, 2011, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 22, 2011, 05:46:22 AM

Any news?   :popcrn:

Haven't heard from the public relations person yet. I figure the Fall race isn't a go (would have been pushing it anyways). So, I'll touch base in the next couple of days and see what the status is.
Troy