News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tubular K-Frame

Started by 68chgr, August 12, 2011, 03:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chgr

Has anyone used Cap Auto Products Tubular K-Frame suspension system? They have a system that utilizes Torsion Bars, can use the Factory Steering Box or provide a Rack in Pinion System, and Tubular Upper and lower Control Arms. He says you send him your spindle assembly and he'll machine them to fit his control arms. It looks like you have to ask for sway bar mounts. I recently viewed this in a 68 Hemi Charger with the rack in pinion and torsion bars and the owner says the cars drives unbelievable. Just curious if others have tried and like this system.

Chryco Psycho

0f all the tubular K frame systems that is the one I like the best , it retains the T BARS  which is the most logical approach to me , the weight is low in chassis & allows normal adjustment without tyring to lean in beside or into the inner fenders that was never designed to hold the stress there .
So far I have not used one though

Rolling_Thunder

there has been discussions about quality / false advertising / poor welding on those along with his tubular control arms   

I have used his strut rods on a customer car without issue as of yet...    that is my only experience with them.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE