News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seller doesn't ship parts

Started by FrnkNsteen, August 14, 2011, 11:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrnkNsteen

Hey guys,

What, if any, recourse do we have if we bought something from the classifieds on here, but the member who posted them hasn't shipped them yet, and isn't responding to messages? I hate to name names, but this person has had $220 of my money since the middle of July, has told me the parts were on the way on two seperate occasions, and I still haven't seen them. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm getting tired of get the same old "You're parts are on there way  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:" I know I'm probably screwed if this guy doesn't follow through, but I'm looking for advice!!

Thanks!
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Tilar

Turn his name and all email correspondence over to the attorney general of the state he's in. If he's in another state from you, I think it becomes a felony.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

is he still floating on here, or has he faded off? how long you been waiting? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FrnkNsteen

Well, I didn't want to say, but yes..... That's him!! Damn it!! First thing I try to buy from people on here, and it HAS to be a dirtbag that has a history of not sending parts. If others have had complaints/issues with this guy, why is he still able to come on here and rip people off???
1967 Barracuda Notchback

FrnkNsteen

His profile says he was just on here today. I don't understand why this guy can continue to be on here if he has ripped off members??? I agreed to buy parts from him around July 10th, I have a message from him from July 14th saying he got my money order and the parts were on there way, then another one apologizing and saying they were on their way on July 28th. It is now August 16th and I still haven't seen them. I'm tempted to go on a roadtrip and track this guy down in Pennsylvania!!!
1967 Barracuda Notchback

nvrbdn

sweet idea. you do have an address right. mabey someone local can pay a visit. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FrnkNsteen

I just sent an email to the Pennsylvania Attorney General on this guy to ask what I can do to report this guy for internet fraud across multiple state lines. I realize I'm only out $220, but I don't appreciate people screwing over others like the people on here that seem to try to help each other out. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Orange Bird

Did you pay with Paypal? When I make purchases using Paypal I change my funding source to my credit card, that way if I have any problems I simply reverse the charges. Paypal doesnt like it but they must submit to the credit card rules. Works great. I have had it save me more than once. When the seller is nonresponsive this usually gets his attention but by then you have your $ back and who cares about a deadbeat. Just nice to know there is a sting in the air at that point.

If that is not the case the AG is a good idea but another thing you can try is quoting chapter and verse from the law. I hate to name another website but Moparts has a letter in the archives (I believe) about beadbeat sellers that quotes USC Title 18 ... and this may get the attention you need. You can send the letter assuming you have address and CC the AG of his state.

Good Luck.
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Tilar on August 15, 2011, 12:01:18 PM
Turn his name and all email correspondence over to the attorney general of the state he's in. If he's in another state from you, I think it becomes a felony.
Unfortunately, it has to be over a 1000 bucks I believe...And your better off going to his County District Atty. (The County where he lives)

Lennard

Question for Troy:

Obviously this asshole has been ripping people off on a regular base on this forum since at least 2006.
Why is that piece of shit still allowed to visit this site? 

FrnkNsteen

I talked to one of the moderators about this, and unfortunately, there's not much they can do. If they cancel his account, he can just go in and create a new one under a new user name. Hemigeno told me that the classifieds area has been a pain in Troy's side for a while, and he's considered doing away with it to avoid these kinds of issues, unfortunately, that would also punish the good guys that buy the parts they need from each other.

I can understand where they're coming from. No need to punish everyone because of a few dirt-bags. The biggest thing we can do is let people know when someone pulls something like this. Someone suggested a feedback system. If possible, I would think that would help a ton!! The Challenger site I go to for my new gen Challenger has a reputation system that would work pretty good!!
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Lennard

I don't know much about computers but I thought that a moderator can block an IP number so he can't log in no more from the same address with which ever computer.

FrnkNsteen

I don't know that Moderators have that authority. I believe they are just here to monitor communications to stop abuse, and delete or move posts. I have no issues with anyone on here, except the guy who took my money and isn't delivering the parts.

I received an email from the Attorney General's office linking me to where I can file an official complaint. If anyone else has had issues with this Joe Wilkins Jr character, they can file an official complaint by filling out and submitting the form at the following address. If they get enough complaints, it says they will start an investigation.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=451

If the link doesn't work, simply go to www.attorneygeneral.gov, click the drop down for 'consumers', and choose 'Consumer Complaints. there is a link at the bottom of that page that takes you to the online form. I asked, via email, if complaints against individuals were handled the same as those against businesses, and I was told that they were.

In case you don't have it, the address I had for Mr. Joe Wilkins Jr is 1807 Marr Rd, Pulaski, PA 16143. I also copied all of his PM messages right from my messages section into the form so they have record of his communications saying he agreed to send me the parts.

This is your chance people!! If you've had issues with this guy, please go online to fill out and submit the complaint form. Maybe if they hear from enough of us they will go after this guy!!!

Time to step up!!
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Budnicks

I would think, if they can ban a guy for inappropriate photos, they could ban someone for fraudulent dealing of parts, if the many moderators can't, maybe at least the administrator should be able too... I'm no expert by any means... I would think you could block their IP users address at a minimum & post a "sticky as a warning" so others aren't going to be coned also... Just a suggestion.
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

68X426

Quote from: FrnkNsteen on August 22, 2011, 07:39:13 AM
The Challenger site I go to for my new gen Challenger has a reputation system that would work pretty good!!

A reputation system would be a great feature for sellers and buyers. What do you think Troy?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

FrnkNsteen

You guys are NOT going to believe what showed up in the mail today!!  :o

Yep!! The parts that I had bought from Police1 aka Joe Wilkins. I had sent him a message saying that I had contacted the Pennsylvania Attorney General, and that they had contacted me back asking if anything had been resolved. Apparently this motivated him to fulfill his responsibilities. I have to let them know that he has fulfilled his obligations, at least as far as MY parts are concerned.

Don't get me wrong..... I'll never buy from him again, because I don't like having to go to those measures, but at least he "Manned up" and sent the parts he was supposed to send. Better late than never I guess. I had pretty much written off that money!!
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Budnicks

Good to see you got your parts at least...  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

tan top

thats good you got the parts !!  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bobs69

Quote from: FrnkNsteen on August 19, 2011, 06:41:07 AM
I just sent an email to the Pennsylvania Attorney General on this guy to ask what I can do to report this guy for internet fraud across multiple state lines. I realize I'm only out $220, but I don't appreciate people screwing over others like the people on here that seem to try to help each other out. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

That's awesome!

We discussed something like this in the past.  Some of us wanted a list of buyers to be aware of.  Or to have a rating like ebay.  Too bad we didnt' do it.  Still don't know why be here is a prime excuse to do it.

Bobs69

Quote from: FrnkNsteen on August 22, 2011, 07:39:13 AM
I talked to one of the moderators about this, and unfortunately, there's not much they can do. If they cancel his account, he can just go in and create a new one under a new user name. Hemigeno told me that the classifieds area has been a pain in Troy's side for a while, and he's considered doing away with it to avoid these kinds of issues, unfortunately, that would also punish the good guys that buy the parts they need from each other.

I can understand where they're coming from. No need to punish everyone because of a few dirt-bags. The biggest thing we can do is let people know when someone pulls something like this. Someone suggested a feedback system. If possible, I would think that would help a ton!! The Challenger site I go to for my new gen Challenger has a reputation system that would work pretty good!!

I'm not real experienced with buying stuff from people here, but I do take a look at the number of Posts someone has.  Does this "bag bitter" have a low post count?

Bobs69

Quote from: FrnkNsteen on September 06, 2011, 04:02:03 PM
You guys are NOT going to believe what showed up in the mail today!!  :o

Yep!! The parts that I had bought from Police1 aka Joe Wilkins. I had sent him a message saying that I had contacted the Pennsylvania Attorney General, and that they had contacted me back asking if anything had been resolved. Apparently this motivated him to fulfill his responsibilities. I have to let them know that he has fulfilled his obligations, at least as far as MY parts are concerned.

Don't get me wrong..... I'll never buy from him again, because I don't like having to go to those measures, but at least he "Manned up" and sent the parts he was supposed to send. Better late than never I guess. I had pretty much written off that money!!

That wasn't manning up. 

FrnkNsteen

Quote from: Bobs69 on September 06, 2011, 10:12:30 PM
That wasn't manning up. 

Well, you're right..... but I guess I was trying to say that I was glad that he had finally sent the parts, AND they were actually how he described and useable. Like I said earlier.... from other things I had read, and because of how long it had been with no responses from him, I never expected to see the parts, and had pretty much written off the money I had sent him.

I got them though!, so I feel better!
1967 Barracuda Notchback