News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Wing on Ebay if anyone is needing one

Started by oldcarnut, August 13, 2011, 09:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Maybe somebody here  :shruggy:  Looks to have a few other parts that maybe was going to build a clone. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-DAYTONA-ORIGINAL-WING-NICE-OEM-ALUMINUM-/110726577081?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c7d17bb9  Not much time left on it but no takers yet.

BigBlockSam

QuoteTHESE ARE A HEAVY 90 LBS.,

90lbs is a solid aluminum wing not an original . i believe an original is about 58 lbs
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

I would also agree it's a reproduction wing.   The bottom of the wing at the base does not look right.   

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Aero426 on August 13, 2011, 09:13:48 PM
I would also agree it's a reproduction wing.   The bottom of the wing at the base does not look right.   

Ive spoken with guy and I know its still heresay,but he claims that the guy who he bought it from got it from one of the race teams and had it installed on his Charger in the early 80's. He was restoring the car now so he wanted to sell it and not put it back on the charger. Like I said still hearsay,but.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Aero426

Race wings are the same casting as production and they will have evidence of round tubes bracing to the floor.  The way the wing upright transitions into the base on this one isn't right.   I've seen a similar wing like this out in the field on a clone.  

A383Wing

that's not a race wing from what I can see in the picture....

I have a race wing on mine...the vertical uprights only have 3 mounting studs each under the quarter panels, and the horizontal piece has 4 set screws at each end to hold wing in place after tightening the large bolts

also, the vertical pieces had a notch cut out at the top next to the mounting adjusting bolt for the cable to turn and go through the horizontal piece....I filled mine in, but still retain the set screws as they had on these wings.

I wish I had taken pics of the notched out part at the top and of all the colors my wing was painted before I put in on back in the mid 90's....but I was in a hurry to get our car done and was pressed for time to get the car on the road before the trip to 'Dega in 1999

Bryan