News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight Motor Man

Started by snagm z, August 11, 2011, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagm z

TO ALL,
I sent him 2 motors for my 71 and 72 charger concealed headlights. They were pretty messed up and now these motors are flawless. If you want them done quick and done right he's your man. Topher your the Man :cheers:   :cheers:

thanks
Steve
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

70sixpkrt

I've got to get off may azz and send him mine.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Vainglory, Esq.

Speaking of.  I believe that mine is from an old Chrysler 300; are these interchangeable for those who don't particularly care about parts-number-level stockness?

Topher

I'm guessing they arrived ok. Thanks for the kind words.

The biggest difference I've found between the C body and the Charger motors is the size of the shaft hole in the gear. C bodies use a 1/4" x 1/4" shaft, and the Chargers use a 3/16" x 1/4" shaft. I'm working with my local fabricator to enlarge the hole for the C body shaft as I have a couple here to do.

If you're wanting to part with those cores pm me a price.

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

gasoline_24

Can you do power window motors too?

FLG

Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 11, 2011, 10:04:22 PM

Any electric motor as far as i know, he does wipers, windows, blowers and whatever else you can find  :coolgleamA:

He did my headlight motor, havent installed yet but looks great  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 11, 2011, 10:04:22 PM

yes..he can do....plus wiper motors if I remember

he's done 6 headlight motors for me....Tater is my little buddy

Topher

Yes Sir. I can take care of your window motors.
Topher

bobs66440

He did my headlight motors and still working perfect!  :2thumbs:

70charginglizard

Anyone have pics of the results? :shruggy:
70charginglizard

bobs66440

You mean pics of the finished motors?

GPULLER

Quote from: bobs66440 on August 12, 2011, 09:52:33 AM

STILL working...Bob you sound like your expecting them to fail soon!   :smilielol:

Tator is the man.  When I first joined 66-67Charger board I was working on getting my headlights to rotate, Topher gave me his cell number to call if I ran into problems.  Called him on a late Saturday after noon and he was at a cook out, he took the time to answer my questions.  Plus he was still sober enough to help!   :smilielol:  J/K

bobs66440

Quote from: GPULLER on August 12, 2011, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: bobs66440 on August 12, 2011, 09:52:33 AM

STILL working...Bob you sound like your expecting them to fail soon!   :smilielol:

Tator is the man.  When I first joined 66-67Charger board I was working on getting my headlights to rotate, Topher gave me his cell number to call if I ran into problems.  Called him on a late Saturday after noon and he was at a cook out, he took the time to answer my questions.  Plus he was still sober enough to help!   :smilielol:  J/K
He did my headlight motors and they work perfect!

Fixed  :icon_smile_wink:

Musicman

Topher buddy, how many times do I have to tell ya...
You ain't never gonna make no money at this motor fix'n if you keep paying folks to say these things  :slap:

Speak'n of which... How much did that ole skinflint Bryan charge ya for the adulation's?... I know he weren't cheap! As I recall he even called you his little buddy. That statement alone must have cost you a dang fortune.  :rotz: Do you still have the house?

:lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:

snagm z

heres one of them the others in the car already
steve
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Topher

Steve's motors before:

1 after:

Here's one for a 70 that I sent the barrel, thumb wheel, and brush plate out for zinc plating:

The plating adds to the final tally.
Topher

Topher

:o Sorry for the messy bench shot!  :rotz: As you can see though, things have been rather busy lately!  :2thumbs:
Topher

Topher

Quote from: Musicman on August 12, 2011, 11:46:52 AM
Topher buddy, how many times do I have to tell ya...
You ain't never gonna make no money at this motor fix'n if you keep paying folks to say these things  :slap:

Speak'n of which... How much did that ole skinflint Bryan charge ya for the adulation's?... I know he weren't cheap! As I recall he even called you his little buddy. That statement alone must have cost you a dang fortune.  :rotz: Do you still have the house?

:lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:

I don't learned too fass Boss.  :slap:
Topher

thunkele

Has something happen to Topher?
He was rebuilding my headlight motor for my 70 charger and was supposed to ship it out to me the week of Jan. 6th, Its been a couple weeks and still no motor in the mail. I have emailed him a few times and he hasnt replied back to me on any of the emails after the supposed ship date. He always got back to be within a day but since the email he sent saying when it would ship he hasnt replied to any. Didnt know if something happen to him or if i got played on the motor rebuild? I have seen nothing but good reviews for him so i dont think i got played but just started to worry about my motor now and my 200 bucks. Anyone able to help me out?
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
1970 Dodge Charger (in the works)

Ghoste

Someone else told me recently that he has become a bit harder to reach lately.