News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mayhem charger model

Started by aussiemuscle, August 08, 2011, 09:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

This is the Trax model of the australian Charger. it's a 1/24 scale diecast VJ (1973 model) in sunburst yellow. i decided to rejig it to replicate the charger from the movie 'Suburban Mayhem'.  This involved taking off the factory stripes for movie correct ones and adding license plates. fortunately the colour was fairly close anyway. i also changed the wheels.

kab69440

Would you be willing to grab one of those for me and ship it to the US?  Additionally, is that movie available on DVD? Sounds like it's right up my alley!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Bob T

Didnt know there was a Surburban Mayhem movie, will have to have a look out for it over here, how old is it? Tried watching Full metal skins again the other week but it is a bit of a chore.

Your model looks good, i've got a 1/24 Trax Vit C E38 back from when I had my old R/T , they are pretty detailed models , the 1/18 Chivas ones Rock too.
Had one of those auto/timer fly spray gigs on the top shelf of a cabinet at our old place and I didnt find out until too late that the spray turns the windows and screen opaque on the 38  . Gutted.

Funny enough , a guy I know has a yellow VH 770 Charger with a DMCL stripe on it , bit different
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

aussiemuscle

bob, you should be able to de-fog your windows with plastic polish. i've also got the vitamin c charger, and also a purple one  :nana:

kab, there are heaps on ebay, if you can't find one that'll send to usa, send me a pm. alternatively, you can buy direct from TRAX at www.topgear.com.au

As for the movie, yes i've got it on DVD (but watch out it may be region 4). I found it quite boring tbh, sure the cars are nice, but the movie is mostly about 'naughty' Katrina.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Bob T on August 09, 2011, 04:09:11 AM
Funny enough , a guy I know has a yellow VH 770 Charger with a DMCL stripe on it , bit different
so, mine was striped up like Starsky & Hutch!

I see he has VJ doors on his (no front quarter window)

kab69440

Quote from: aussiemuscle on August 09, 2011, 08:25:53 PM

kab, there are heaps on ebay, if you can't find one that'll send to usa, send me a pm. alternatively, you can buy direct from TRAX at www.topgear.com.au

As for the movie, yes i've got it on DVD (but watch out it may be region 4). I found it quite boring tbh, sure the cars are nice, but the movie is mostly about 'naughty' Katrina.

1.      Sweet!, Guess where I am headed to next....

2.       Dang, man...   Total bummer. Is it worth buying though?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Bob T

Quote from: aussiemuscle on August 09, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
Quote from: Bob T on August 09, 2011, 04:09:11 AM
so, mine was striped up like Starsky & Hutch!

I see he has VJ doors on his (no front quarter window)

Yeah, bit of an oddball, was assembled here though, maybe they were just using up parts stock, have seen both types on 770s
Old Dog, Old Tricks.