News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody know mopeds?

Started by dkn1997, August 20, 2011, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

just got this as a freebie from my sister.  needs all new cables, flats fixed, paint on one chanin guard and the usual drain gas/clean carb. it ran when parked and it's actually in really good shape.  It's a 1970's flandria bermuda.  it's from Belgium.  Anybody ever seen one or know where to get parts?
RECHRGED

F8-4life

Mopedarmy.com is a good resource for info and potentially parts.

A383Wing

my son is into Mopeds...he just picked up a 1978 Puch Moped with only 211 miles on it...found it on Craigslist

that little thing goes great for a 2hp engine

FLG

Hey Bud!

Ive got an 84 Puch i picked up and worked on...bit of a learning curve figuring out what parts fit but its much simpler and SO much cheaper than the charger LOL

Carb cost me 60$ as oppsed to 600  :rofl:

If you need some help maybe i can swing out there one day  :2thumbs:

dkn1997

frank I will definitely keep you in mind... I took it because we used to go to Fire Island on our boat and stay over in the marina at Davis Park every weekend in the 70's.  Lot's of Puch's there and this reminded me of it. 

It's 2 stroke and I drained the old gas from the tank.  needs a fuel line and i should be good to go.  It is a strange one.  My friend back in 83/84 had a Jawa that was very similar looking.  that one just pedalled and the motor would turn over. I remember you had to switch something if you ran out of gas go to bicycle mode.   This one you can pedal till you are as blue as the paint on the thing and all you will do is ride a heavy bicycle.  in order for the clutch to engage the engine, the throttle has to be wide open...havent gotten it running but I did get the motor to turn over.  I read some stuff online that says it has a unique clutch setup that will totall disengage the motor when you go down hill or coast. 

I'm looking forward to getting it running.  since it's free I'll probably let my kids set up jumps with it and see how long it lasts.  Unless i find out it's some sort of collectors item.  While its rare, I think it's more of the "rare doesn't necessarily mean desireable" category lol....  I looked on ebay and didn't even find a single one. 
RECHRGED