News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whos the member whos grandmother was killed by a rock?

Started by Charger4404spd, January 13, 2006, 06:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Cant remember his nick, he was on the old site. His grandmother was killed here in Knoxville last year by a stupid kid throwing a rock off of an I-75 overpass.
I have been following this story. The punk has been on trial here for a few days and I just heard they found him guilty of 1st degree murder, as they should have. Judge gave him life in prison. Glad to see justice working!

http://wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=31357

Shakey

I think it was Drache.   :shruggy:

I could be wrong.  The only reason I say that is becasue any time something major happened in the news (ferry accident, helicopter crash and there were a couple others) a member of his family (cousin, uncle, half-brother) was involved.  That poor family has the worst of luck.

TruckDriver

I remember that happening. But I don't remember who it was. But that's great they nailed the ass who did that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

i am glad that justice is being served.  that happened here in kansas city also.  a family was driving in their van (father, mother, and two daughters).  The rock smashed in the mother's face killing her instantly in front of her whole family.  they have yet to find the murdering piece of feces yet.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

a similar thing happened here last year,some little prick tossed a rock off an over pass,and killed a solider on his way back to fort drum-they convicted him of murder 1 also,i hope he is getting corn holed by bubba as we speak

472 R/T SE

That's BS man.  Right in front of the family.   Absolutely terrible!!!! :icon_smile_angry:

Charger_Fan

I'm glad he's getting his just reward. :yesnod:

Now they need to have more national coverage on this case to hopefully deter other little punks from doing the same thing.
I did see a show about a month ago where some woman lived through an ordeal similar to this, albeit with many reconstructive facial surgeries. She has forgiven the kid who did it & the kid (still in prison) is very remorseful.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Back around 1991, a woman was hit in the chest & killed with a 55 pound rock dropped off the overpass onto the NYS Thruway. It went through her windshield somewhere near me in Newburgh. They caught the bastards, & it turned out they weren't "kids" as the newspaper had reported. They were in the early 20's, & one of them was the son of a local business owner (Birdsall Fence) who had his own "unique" reputation. Two losers raised by losers.

The Birdsall Fence guy cut his own throat & put himself out of business when he hosted a big party for a very close friend & all of his associates. The newspaper put it on the front page too. His friend happened to be head (Some grand wizard title) of the New York State chapter of the KKK, & all the associates were KKK members. Nobody would use his fence company anymore after that one, what a surprise.

The other was the son of some a-hole who would show up at all the town meetings just to argue no matter what the issue was. He would take his turn at the podium & announce his name as "I'm John-I-Don't-A-Damn-Doe" & proceed to babble on & on like a fool & waste time. His right to go ahead and show everyone just how much of a moron he really was.

One of the "kids" just got out of prison last summer.
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?ArID=142529&SecID=33

KKK mention:
http://www.gwu.edu/~english/kaleidoscope/Essaypages/Essay10.htm
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChargerBill

Happened here too. We have an overpass that is about 60 gfeet high and a kid threw a pumpkin double the size of a basketball off and it went through a guys windshield and hit him square in the chest. His heart stopped when his ribcage was crushed and he died instantly. The kid was under 18 but went away for a few years...juvy detention until 21. He wasn't charger with murder unfortunately...I think it was gross negligence. That very same month they swapped out the 4 foot fence on that overpass for a 10 foot one.
Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

life aint fair, pretty sad when crap like that happens
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

Did you hear about the kid in NY who had a long Ball on a elastic band that was bouncing it off of cars...?  He had it wrapped around his arm a Big Rig drove by and and it tore-off the little punk's arm! lol  But for some odd reason they arrested the truck driver too... >?

Charger Aficionado

I heard they got the Truck Driver for "Armed Robbery"...  :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Rocking throwing happens alot on the railroad. Especially in big citys. Bricks and cinder blocks are good to throw off at trains coming by. The engines have bullet proof glass to help stop this. It usually mashs things up pretty good. If you notice walkways and bridges now especially if they are rebuilt or redone will almost always have a fence side or cover so no one can heave a heavy object up and over.

I work as a switchman so I do a lot of walking along the tracks and ride the sides of the railcars sometimes across town for a few miles. Beer bottles are not a good thing either. If I find a beer bottle while walking I pick it up and smash it on the rail or the wheels of the car to dispose of it.

Todd

adauto

Wow! Guess I'm lucky .. had my windshield smashed last Sunday by somebody on a bridge but nothing that serious.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

derailed

We had an engineer about 10 years ago running with his window open, 3 punks started throwing rocks and hit him in the right temple and hes been blind from it ever since. At least they caught the brats.

Mopar440+6

I had a lil punk throw an ice/snow ball at my car the other day. Must not be a baseball player cause he only hit my front fender. He's lucky that I was in a good mood that day...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Charger_Fan

I remember the very last day I ever threw a snowball at a car...

...without a good escape plan.  :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger4404spd

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 16, 2006, 04:54:41 PM

So C-F, tell us about it!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 16, 2006, 04:56:55 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 16, 2006, 04:54:41 PM

So C-F, tell us about it!
So I'm walking home from Jr. high one day, packing a snowball here & there, chucking them at stop signs, birds, mail boxes, you know...pretty much whatever. I had one in my hand as I rounded a corner. This car goes driving by & just before he's out of range, I heave it...THUMP!

I hear him hit the brakes & then reverse! Oh shit! :o

I take off running, but he's gaining on me, so I turn down a long driveway...it was fenced on both sides & ended at a garage...'WOOPS' was the main thought as I turned around & saw the guy walking my way.
I was about halfway down the driveway & there was no way to get out of there before he caught me. You know that thumping 'heart in the throat, gravy down the legs' feeling? Yeah, me too. :-\

He walks toward me & I start stammering out an "I'm Sorry"...he continues toward me, reaches down, grabs a big handfull of snow...and WHITEWASHED THE CRAP OUTTA ME! "Don't ever do that again", he said.
I couldn't speak, my mouth was full of snow & it was all down my shirt...but much to my delight, at least he went away. :icon_smile_big:

I think I have only thrown maybe 3 snowballs at cars (who I didn't know) since that day...ever! Most of life's best lessons I've learned the hard way. :smilielol:

Charger4404spd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 16, 2006, 06:04:41 PM
LMAO ! Would have loved to seen that! :smilielol:
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one too, I bet my expression was priceless! :smilielol:

CaptMarvel

These loser pieces of trash who do this are not at all unlike terrorists, who also hide from their chicken @#%# actions. I'd like to see them & all those who defend their right to express themselves in this way pay for their despair & destruction in the right way (IE: permanently) Ooops, there I go again being politically opinionated....bad me, bad me! :icon_smile_big: